There are products that customers think are cool at the moment, and then there are products that customers cannot live without because they are so incredibly useful. At Matician, we are building the latter because these are the products worth spending our lives on. We want to build great products to solve real problems.
We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough to reimagine home devices and apply Level 5 autonomy and mobility so that people can save time and energy bypassing repetitive and mundane tasks inside the home.
We're a small team with a singular focus on product that combines technologies such as vision, ML, structure-from-motion, and robotics. Our goal is to ship products that people love.
About the Program
Our AI Startup Residency is a one-year product-focused research position where you will develop, build and optimize machine learning, computer vision, natural language and perception algorithms for autonomous robots. You’ll play an integral role in not just in developing algorithms, but also in product development, patents and other aspects of building a company from the ground up. Unlike other residency programs that focus just on conducting research and publication, our program places heavy emphasis on the process of refining and engineering the research into a product that people can buy.
- Willingness to take risks
- Enjoys cleaning and organizing
- For international candidates without work authorization in USA, they must be graduating prior to the start of the residency for J-1 visa
- Completed coursework in calculus, linear algebra, and/or their equivalent
We are looking for someone who is:
- An out-of-box thinker and doer, unafraid of solving really-hard-problems, and willing to do whatever it takes to ship extremely useful products.
- Curious, asks lots of questions, challenges conventional wisdoms, and doesn’t shy from contrarian opinions/approaches.
- Sees around the corner and proactively identifies and mitigates long-range risks.
- Someone who prioritizes user needs, functionality, and usefulness
- Detail-oriented and has pride in their work.
- Ability to solve problems and identify areas of improvement
- Ability to write clean, reliable code that can be easily maintained
- Experience with Python, with experience in Tensorflow, PyTorch or Numpy a plus
- Experience with working on computer vision, machine learning or NLP problems
- Familiarity with modern Deep Learning algorithms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with running and interpreting common statistical tests, and also with common data science/learning techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Collaborate with the HW, SW, and Algorithms team to bring product vision to life.
- Everything involved in applying an ML model to a production use case
- Designing and coding up the neural network, gathering and refining data, training and tuning the model
- Deploying it at scale with high throughput and uptime
- Analyzing the results in order to continuously update and improve accuracy and speed