We are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to help manage our day-to-day bookkeeping and financial operations. Our finance and accounting team is not necessarily traditional, we also handle many operational responsibilities. This role is a key cross-functional position that will have the opportunity to both improve our accounting, and interface with nearly every other department. We strive to streamline processes where possible and serve as a resource to the company. Specifically, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Own the monthly financial close checklist, including balance reconciliations, accruals, journal entries and any necessary GAAP adjustments
- Manage the allocation of monthly expenses to the general ledger. Specifically, we are looking to improve the processes around channel level reporting.
- Assist in creating the monthly financial reporting package for management and other third parties
- Manage our Cost & AP Accountant
- Leasehold management and landlord reporting
- Assist with filing appropriate federal, state and local taxes on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assist with monthly sales tax filings via AvaTax
- Serve as a primary contact as part of our annual audit and diligence processes
This role will report directly into our Director of Finance.
It bodes well if you:
- Love and understand our brand. We view every one of our team members as a brand ambassador. You should know the brand, like the brand and understand what it takes to build the brand and represent the company in an authentic way.
- Desire to work in a start-up (ish) environment. A lot of people say they want to work at a start-up; not as many people really know what that means. Here it means we all work very hard, we believe deeply in the future of this company, and we all do a lotta bit of everything.
- Possess excellent communication skills. Every member of our team must collaborate and work together daily to keep the gears turning here at Marine Layer. It’s crucial that you’ll be able to do the same.
- Scrappy. We are a very lean organization. You should have the wherewithal and the drive to manage the variety of responsibilities that the role requires.
Fine Print (we ask that you have the following to apply):
- 3-5 years of work experience, bonus if that experience is in retail
- CPA Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent field
- Experience with Netsuite
- Working knowledge of Bill.com, Expensify and / or Avalara are also a plus but not required