The Production Manager will report directly to the COO, and will collaborate closely with our Design, Sourcing, Technical Design, and Logistics teams to ensure we manufacture the best possible product. The primary responsibility of the Production Team is to manage the production process with our manufacturing partners, both domestic and international, and ensure our product lands on-time, with the highest possible quality. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have experience managing multiple projects, with multiple deadlines, have the ability to problem-solve as need be, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Direct experience in the apparel industry is desired, but not required.
Key responsibilities of this job include:
- Manage a team of two Production Associates
- Manage communication between Production Team and vendors to ensure product is ordered and delivered on time and product execution & quality meets the design intent
- Place production orders with domestic and international vendors
- Manage time-and-action plans for each vendor and product line, communicate required dates and requirements to cross functional partners.
- Be proactive about any issues that arise, communicating both internally and externally to solve problems quickly while learning to prioritize based on the current product development cycle
- Request and analyze costing, assign accurate duty rates, and place orders based on accurate time and actions
- Photo Sample tracking, working with Brand/Creative and Merchandising to place sample orders and ensure they are delivered on time
It bodes well if you are:
An Authentic Brand Advocate
You should know the brand, like the brand, and have a strong desire to make it the best it can possibly be.
A Fantastic Communicator
The successful candidate for this position is able to communicate clearly externally - with international & domestic factories, and internally - with cross functional teams. You are organized, self-motivated and accountable with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
Obsessed with the Details
There are a ton of little things that go into making a great product. A successful candidate is obsessed with the details in our clothing and works closely with our factories to ensure those details are executed.
A Clock Hawk
You should love calendars, reminders, deadlines, and be able to seamlessly, adamantly, and successfully keep things running on time.
Driven to Build Something Great
Hmmm, how to say this politely, we ain’t Levis or the Gap. We’re on the precipice of something really special, but we’re not there yet. The road ahead is going to be challenging and we’re looking for someone who embraces that and is eager to play a key part in getting us to the next level.
We ask that you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field
- 3-5 years in a relevant apparel related field or position, ideally with management experience
- Great communication skills and attention to details
- Strong excel skills
- Bonus points for experience working in a PLM system, Netsuite or similar inventory management programs