Over the past 6 months, Mariana Tek has grown the Engineering department from 4 to 14 people--and we are now looking for an Engineering Manager to continue help us grow and excel. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for the platform team executing smooth and efficient production against a backlog.
Our Engineering team upholds the following values: collaboration, communication, accountability, skill sharing, belonging, mutual respect, and curiosity. You will make sure our code is quality and our execution is best practice--but none of that matters if you cannot uphold the values of our team.
We're an early stage company working from downtown Washington, DC. With growing interest in our SaaS product, we're expanding the team to improve and scale our tech. As a company, we're proud to host all of the best characteristics of a startup - fast moving, low bureaucracy, equity stake - while at the same time providing the stability of an established player - 401k, full health benefits, growth opportunities. We're proudly lead by a female CEO and are a diverse team where everyone feels like they belong.
What You'll Do:
- Work with product leaders to align technical vision with product and operational needs
- Promote engineering best practices and craftsmanship
- Build relationships and communicate openly with key stakeholders including the technology team, all business functions & clients
- Elicit and understand client technical requirements in order to properly scope development efforts
- Lead and improve upon an agile development process to iteratively build user value driven solutions
- Dig in with your team to review code and troubleshoot issues in development, test, and production environments
- Be prepared to jump in and write code in order to help meet key deadlines and drive the team to succeed
- Strive to continuously improve scalability, performance, and reliability of systems
- Foster a culture of collaboration, communication, accountability, skill sharing, belonging, mutual respect, and curiosity
What your background looks like:
- 8+ years of professional technical experience
- 3+ years of management
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management, in a startup or similar environment
- Experience running Agile/Scrum teams
- Strong project management skills, delivers projects on time and within budget
- Ability to present and communicate technical designs and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong motivator that helps align teams to deliver against the team and company’s goals and visions
- Experience or familiarity with the core tech stacks: Python/Django, Ember.js, Sass, PostgreSQL, Redis, Celery, Elastisearch, Kubernetes, Docker
About Mariana Tek
Mariana Tek is founded by a team with deep experience in the fitness industry. The founders are the architects who built, managed, and scaled the best-of-breed technology platform in boutique fitness. We are the technology partner behind a stress-free, joyful experience for both the consumer and their boutique provider. With an ever expanding health-conscious user base, we assist our partners in their explosive growth, proliferation of new concepts, and tantalizing cutting-edge propositions. We are the foundation of a new fitness era.
We offer an attractive work life balance (we’ve got kids, pets, and hobbies, too) and an interesting set of challenges to dig into. We develop products for both businesses and consumers, so your work will be seen, touched, and loved by millions. We’re building industry-leading applications and world class APIs, working with big data, and designing interfaces that people love. And we are transforming an industry hungry for and receptive to innovation.
Mariana Tek is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants for employment with any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and any other characteristics that make Mariana’s employees unique. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self expression, unique capabilities and talent that Mariana’s employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but also the Company’s achievement as well.