Mariana Tek is looking to hire an experienced a QA Automation Engineer who is excited about the challenge of testing our platform and mobile apps on a continuous basis. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you'll be a critical part of a small team helping to ensure the platform and bugs are found early in the development process. You will design and implement test cases which verify approved requirements and document results, assist with software application troubleshooting and technical diagnosis, and identify changes in support of continuous improvement of the current test process.
We're an early stage company working from downtown Washington, DC. With growing interest in our SaaS product we're expanding the team to improve and scale our tech. As a company, we're proud to host all of the best characteristics of a startup - fast moving, low bureaucracy, equity stake - while at the same time providing the stability of an established player - 401k, full health benefits, growth opportunities. We're proudly lead by a female CEO and are a diverse team where everyone feels like they belong.
What You'll Do:
- Join a product team and help ensure quality at every step
- Work with product to ensure acceptance criteria is fully flushed out and testable
- Work with software engineers to determine the best strategy to test a given feature
- Write Selenium and other automated tests for all new functionality created by the team
- Conduct manual exploratory testing as needed
- Work in concert with other QA engineers to develop and improve Mariana’s approach to testing
- Work across our entire technology stack: Selenium, Python/Django, Ember.js, React, iOS, and more
What your background looks like:
- Collaborates well across teams (Product, Development, Support) in an Agile development environment
- Attention to detail and relentlessness in conducting analysis to discover bugs and steps to reproduce them
- Experience with manual and automated testing of web applications (experience with tools such as Selenium a plus)
- 5+ years overall testing / quality assurance experience
- Bonus points: experience with Cucumber/Gherkin
About Mariana Tek
Mariana Tek is founded by a team with deep experience in the fitness industry. The founders are the architects who built, managed and scaled the best-of-breed technology platform in boutique fitness. We are the technology partner behind a stress-free, joyful experience for both the consumer and their boutique provider. With an ever expanding health-conscious user base, we assist our partners in their explosive growth, proliferation of new concepts, and tantalizing cutting-edge propositions. We are the foundation of a new fitness era.
We offer an attractive work life balance (we’ve got kids, pets, and hobbies, too) and an interesting set of challenges to dig into. We develop products for both businesses and consumers, so your work will be seen, touched, and loved by millions. We’re building industry-leading applications and world class APIs, working with big data, and designing interfaces that people love. And we are transforming an industry hungry for and receptive to innovation.
Mariana Tek is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants for employment with any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and any other characteristics that make Mariana’s employees unique. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self expression, unique capabilities and talent that Mariana’s employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but also the Company’s achievement as well.