We are looking to add a talented developer to our growing platform engineering team. We're building and scaling our platform and creating a web API that can be easily integrated, and in doing so disrupting the current marketplace. As a member of this team, you'll be integral in shaping the products we build and helping define how we build them, not just implement specs.
What You'll Do
- Build and test product-facing features
- Work with the front end team to iterate on our REST API
- Collaboratively design solutions with scalability as the primary focus
- Focus on maintainability of code, write tests and documentation to ensure that the solutions we are implementing are not just good now but good in the long run
- Build using agile development and methodologies
- Collaborate with other internal teams at Mariana (design, product, etc). You'll have your hands in everything and constantly be learning new skills
- Experience with relational databases and transactions (especially PostgreSQL)
- Solid understanding of REST API design
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django
- Design intuition and empathy for our end users
- Previous experience in AWS or a DevOps role (bonus points)
- Bachelor’s degree
Core Tech Stack
About Mariana Tek
Mariana Tek is founded by a team with deep experience in the fitness industry. The founders are the architects who built, managed, and scaled the best-of-breed technology platform in boutique fitness. We are the technology partner behind a stress-free, joyful experience for both the consumer and their boutique provider. With an ever expanding health-conscious user base, we assist our partners in their explosive growth, proliferation of new concepts, and tantalizing cutting-edge propositions. We are the foundation of a new fitness era.
We offer an attractive work life balance (we’ve got kids, pets, and hobbies, too) and an interesting set of challenges to dig into. We develop products for both businesses and consumers, so your work will be seen, touched, and loved by millions. We’re building industry-leading applications and world class APIs, working with big data, and designing interfaces that people love. And we are transforming an industry hungry for and receptive to innovation.
Mariana Tek is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants for employment with any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and any other characteristics that make Mariana’s employees unique. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self expression, unique capabilities and talent that Mariana’s employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but also the Company’s achievement as well.