Mapper.AI is proving an approach within Geospatial via Machine-Readable Maps (MRM).
Backed by top-tier venture firms, Mapper is poised to become the largest data provider of Machine-Readable Maps (MRM) operating globally.
Mapper’s Engineering group is designing and building a fully-scalable cloud infrastructure paired with apps/tools that will provide highly accurate and real-time 3D Machine Readable Maps (MR Maps) to enable machines to safely exist in the world. These include Fully Autonomous cars, Semi-Autonomous cars (like Tesla), Drones, Delivery Robots, etc.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
As the Lead Engineer, Java/Android, you will leverage your skills to engineer an app in a visually simple way, which will allow us to communicate detailed instructions written in Android NDK and native C. You will leverage not just what Android's positives are in terms of provided frameworks and simplicity, but at the same time the ability to actually understand the drawbacks in all the simplicity that Android gives you and allows you to execute on the core when needed via native libraries.
Create truly moving experiences with lots of custom animation and visualization from a deep understanding of how cloud infrastructure works as you collaborate with our team for the mobility piece of our engineering Cloud infrastructure on AWS supporting 60,000 devices deployed globally leveraging S3, Lambda, Dynamo, Glacier, Steps and just about every other AWS provided service.
- Minimum 4+ years developing Android NDK / native C
- Java/Kotlin background and understanding of Spring Frameworks and Injection
- Strong knowledge of the nuances of good design and functional programming, mood-ability, and high-performance development.
- Experience with Bluetooth a HUGE PLUS, not just host but peripheral mode.
- C++ is considered the hipster we are looking for!
- HIGH-END User Focus
- EXCELLENT interpersonal and SUPREME communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and can quickly switch context and be able to work on multiple projects
- Make things work and get things done
- Enjoy working and being part of an interdisciplinary team
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited Vacation,
- Generous Healthcare
- Matching 401K
- Apple Equipment
- Social Events (Company/Team)
Mapper is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Website or directly to managers. Mapper “does not” accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Mapper will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Mapper.