This position is primarily responsible to answer and enter customers pick up calls and other functions such as scanning, closing off delivery status on interlined delivered shipments, federal and truck mail processing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Available to accept and enter pick ups into our system from incoming customer phone calls.
· Check on availability and capability of any truckload requests with the appropriate departments or terminals.
· Report any missed pick ups or customer issues identified to them to the Supervisor.
· Obtain and clear out final delivery status on any open shipments for non direct service points.
· Prepare and scan all documents into our system for the Corporate Office.
· Process and distribute all incoming and outgoing truck mail and federal mail including a statement mailing process weekly.
· Obtain and scan any missing documentation in support of other departments.
· Notification to customers on late shipments.
· Prepare various reports.
· Reception duties for Corporate Office.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily as assigned.
· Capable of abiding by policies and procedures
· Good customer service, computer and data entry skills.
· Good knowledge of geography and time zones.
· Communicate with and assess customers needs.
· Ability to communicate with internal departments as required.
· Able to calculate space required for pick ups.
· Maintain courteous and effective working relationships with others.
· Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deal with upset customers.