Are you willing to be relocated to various locations in Western Canada. Do you have a Transportation background and looking to take another step? Then Manitoulin Transport's Terminal Manager Trainee position might be for you! This position is NOT based in Edmonton.
Our goal is train someone on our programs specifically and then place a candidate in an outlying terminal. This is typically in smaller locations so that we train well before taking on a large centre.
You will be trained in the following areas:
- Work with sales personnel to ensure service standards are maintained, customer needs are recognized and maintained.You will be working with the staff answering questions, motivating, developing, evaluating, disciplining, and solving problems daily.
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are maintained.
- Ensure Facility and Vehicle maintenance requirements are met.
- Obtain optimum use of equipment and personnel, as well as ensuring that service standards are met or exceeded
- Controlling Terminal financial targets.
- Monitoring and control of daily reports as required Coordinate work schedules for terminal operations and ensure proper staffing levels are in place.
- Work with Human Resources on recruitment, training, coaching and disciplinary issues.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Experience in Management, preferably in the trucking or logistics fields.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
The perks of joining our team:
- A comprehensive benefits plan; including medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Profit Sharing Program
- Company Vehicle