- Unloads freight from inbound trailers and loads outbound trailers using Bills of Lading, as well as staging overflow freight for pickup by linehaul drivers at night
- Marks materials with identifying information
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed
- Counts and on occasion is required to weigh items to ensure conformance to the shipper's bill of lading
- Starts heaters, placards trailers as required
- Arranges freight in specified sequence for maximum usage of trailer space
- Must take an active role in safety and maintenance of the warehouse by sweeping the floor, proper storage of dunnage, etc.
- Typical Hours will be 0430-0900 am (Monday - Friday) and 15:30 - 19:00 (Monday - Friday) as well Saturday work in the cold months.
- Other duties may be assigned
- WHIMS/Dangerous Goods Certificate/ Tow motor certificate (These items are covered with in-house training programs)
- Developed problem solving, critical thinking, decision making and judgment skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs, sometimes repetitive
- Ability to multitask and manage various tasks successfully
- Ability to operate our internal computer systems
- Willing to train the right applicant
- Knowledge of AS400 system an asset