As a Bilingual Human Resources Representative you will provide HR support to the Human Resources Team. Assist and support HR Manager and colleagues with benefits administration, some payroll support and help coordinate a variety of assignments covering all phases of human resources corporately.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to manage a variety of HR related processes with Labour Relations.
- Draft letters and correspondence using required templates to a variety of stakeholders including employees, managers, etc. for review by the HR Manager.
- Prepare information packages.
- Create and maintain employee files and forms to process HR related transactions.
- Complete research and analysis, utilizing Excel and internal reporting systems.
- Prepare and/or process confidential information, records, forms and correspondence.
- Respond to telephone and in-person inquiries from internal clients on a variety of human resources related issues.
- Assist with creation of documents and reports for Performance Bonus report, Profit Sharing, Recognition, Employee Handbook, and HR policies, etc.
- Assists and support employees in opening new accounts with Benefits Provider.
- Provides HR French support to our French speaking offices and members across the country.
- Completes French HR translations for variety of HR policies and documents.
- Assists with processing benefit forms and related information. Maintains a process wherein new full time employees approaching 3 months seniority are input into the Insurance Company website as well as the internal HRIS system.
- Follow up on missing enrollment forms.
- Compiles and sends out benefits packages to newly covered employees. Follows up on all changes to employees and their information, making changes to the system, the Insurance Company and for terminations and change of address, making the changes to Standard Life as well.
- Creates and sends out STD and LTD option forms to staff members
- Maintains records of employee’s beneficiaries for Life Insurance. Looks after death benefits, sending out forms and following up.
- Completes and create various reports as requested by Human Resources Manager.
- Assist HR Manager by providing research information when responding to statement of claim from terminated employees.
- Assist as required with job descriptions, job analysis, evaluations, research the market for salary levels and trends
- Other tasks as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be fluent in both French and English
- Minimum 6 to 2 years’ experience in providing administration experience or support within a human resources function.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Strong Microsoft office experience including Excel and Word
- Patience and flexibility
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources is an asset