- Lead and coordinate a team of 6-8 dock staff.
- Be responsible for operational KPIs (ie: departures, reweigh, cubes, LA, SEL... etc)
- Encourage and mentor staff on freight proper handling techniques.
- Promote a safe work environment for all staff.
- Complete daily yard check.
- Ensure line up and weekly driver pool is keyed.
- Work daily with central dispatch to coordinate outbound loads.
- Coordinate vehicle repairs when needed and unit switches with maintenance department.
- Weekend on call once every 4 weeks.Flexible to adjust hours to assist other supervisors during vacations.
- Ability to adapt and adjust daily planning.
- AS400 knowledge
- Able to work with tight deadlines.
- Able to line use Google Docs and Sheets.
- Sound geographical knowledge.