The Sr. Compliance Person acts on behalf of the Company in the representation of their customers in their dealings with the Canada Border Services Agency, in a legal, professional manner in conjunction with the rules and regulations stated in the Customs Act. The person is also responsible for maintaining positive customer relationships using excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills. The person must correctly classify goods for submission to the CBSA efficiently within the timelines required by the department.
The successful candidate will support a select group of client accounts by maintaining the databases, quarterly performing risk analysis for each client and supporting other department involved with your accounts.
These responsibilities are achieved by performance of the following duties personally or with other team members.
- Wednesday - Saturday
- 1:00pm - 11:30pm
Who we are looking for:
- You have 4 to 6 or more years of experience within the industry and customs house brokerage.
- Minimum CCS, CTCS, Licensed Canadian Customs Broker is preferred, but no required.
- An intimate understanding of the Customs Act, DMEMORANDUM, Canadian Free Trade agreements and Customs Tariff Act which addresses the responsibilities of a Customs broker.
- Basic understanding and accurate coding of the following: Special Import Measures Act, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Natural Resources Canada, Transport Canada and Excise Tax Act.
- A basic understanding of processing through SWI, ACROSS and CADEX.
- A full understanding of international Couriers traffic and transportation.
- A basic familiarity with INCOTERMS.
- You have a good working knowledge of MS Office product.
- Pre and live Classification at 96% accuracy and timeliness of the customers’ products within their system following their pre-class processes.
- Overall familiarity with assigned clients import programs including products, special customs details, and other government agency compliance requirements.
- Ad-hoc projects as determined with customer to support overall compliance effectiveness.
- Collaboration with other Near North teams to ensure seamless delivery and compliance of the customer’s products imported to Canada
- Responsiveness to client’s requests and support required as per agreed timelines.
- Support other departments with compliance related questions in a timely fashion.
- Make sure monthly files are ready confirmed with CBSA within the current cycle
- Add missing parts to import shipment.
- Make sure that all the files are coded properly with required OGD and SIMA requirements
- Make sure to the best of your abilities that your assigned accounts are always compliant.
- Responsible for waivers in conjunction with both importing and compliance department.
- Manage exception reports daily.
- Other duties may be assigned