Job Summary: Keep facility in an orderly condition, while also maintaining property.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minor carpentry repairs for furniture, desks, cabinets, etc.Electrical repairs; replacing lamps and lenses in light fixtures.
- Plumbing repairs; leaky faucets, clogged drains, etc.
- Winter maintenance; shoveling, sanding, salting walkways, sidewalks, exterior stairs.and entrances.
- Minor renovations such as spot patching of walls and painting.
- Yard work; spring clean up, grass cutting and trimming and weed removal.
- Minor repairs for dock equipment; dock doors, clean out dock leveler pits, dock shelter repairs, etc.
- Some Janitorial duties required (cleaning up spills, removing office clutter and unwanted paper and records, window cleaning, carpet stain removals, etc.) when not covered by contact cleaners
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have an understanding of everyday building and property repairs and recognize when maintenance or a repair needs to be done.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Skilled in the use of simple hand tools (shovels, brooms, hammers, screwdrivers, etc.) and power tools (hand drills, Skil saws, weed trimmers, lawn mowers, etc.).
- Good communication skills are an asset.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.