We're looking for a passionate senior backend developer with a deep knowledge of Node.JS to join our team and take a leading role in development of our technology platform. The ideal candidate will be hands on developer writing code 80-90% of the time as well as acting as a server-side lead, managing the day to day execution of the development goals and overseeing production support of those products. This role is of critical importance to the organization because of the high velocity and high availability demands of the products as well as the fast-paced environment in which change is introduced.
In this role you will:
· Take control of the whole development process from code design to implementation and monitoring.
· Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build robust, reusable and maintainable code to support and grow our products
· Develop and maintain our growing ecosystem of RESTful APIs/Microservices built on Node.js, including application and platform APIs along with their corresponding data stores (primarily MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch).
· Work closely with our DevOps Lead to manage and monitor our infrastructure hosted on AWS
· Develop and maintain our backend admin tools using Node.js, Angular, React
· Lead a team of highly motivated, result-oriented individuals through effective leadership practices
· Create an inspiring team environment that encourages open communication, creativity and collaboration
· Work closely with Data, Product, Growth and QA teams
We are looking for:
· Minimum of 5 years’ coding experience building scalable applications in a Node.js environment
· Experience acting as a team lead, providing architectural direction, onboard and mentor other team members
· Designed, built and maintained RESTful APIs for use in production
· Comfortable with Git, Code Reviews and Jira
· Experience with AWS Infrastructure, EC2/ECS, Lambda, OpsWorks, Kinesis Streams, Firehose, Aurora, Redis, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, MySQL, Sequelize, Express.js, Loopback, docker-based build pipelines. Tools including - Mocha, Chai, Jest, Bamboo, Datadog, Postman and Github.
· Extensive software or web development background and comfortable with both the management and technical programming aspect of the position
· Proven track record of successfully delivering high quality software
· Proven project and delivery experience in a professional environment, including ownership or delivery of a sizable product and/or product component
· In-depth understanding and experience with agile principles and practices
· Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members
· Identify process bottlenecks and opportunities for continuous improvement of our software delivery processes
· Must be very comfortable programming and still be "hands on"
· Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large
Benefits and perks:
· Competitive compensation
· Unlimited PTO + 12 company holidays
· Medical, dental and vision coverage
· Employer sponsored 401k
· Monthly company social events
· Free snacks and catered lunches on Fridays
· Free parking OR metro pass reimbursement
Mammoth Media is redefining entertainment for the mobile-first generation. Mammoth is the first company to produce, distribute, and monetize original entertainment apps for micro-boredom in daily life.
"Most app developers targeting teens and their ever-shrinking attention spans fall short of mainstream success — but not Mammoth Media." - Mashable
· Mammoth is the studio behind consistently top-charting apps, Yarn and Wishbone
· Mammoth is disrupting the traditional Hollywood model by combining established writers, Influencer talent, and an innovative format with real-time data analytics to deliver premiere content for the mobile-first generation
· Mammoth’s innovative approach to creating and distributing content has made waves within the industry, grabbing the attention of authoritative outlets Mashable
, to name a few
· Mammoth is creating unique and organic sponsored content with partners and brands such as L’Oréal, Dunkin’ Donuts, M2, Crypt TV, Vertical Networks and Skype, allowing for direct engagement with consumer audiences that cuts through the clutter