As Technical Project Manager (m/f/div.) at Make.TV, you will manage cloud software development and integration projects. While partnering with product managers and engineers, you ensure that requirements are fleshed out and our engineers have what is needed to code from start to finish. We expect you to deep dive and get your hands dirty with technical details, but also to speak the language of our customers, product management, UX and operations. Make.TV operates an agile and fast paced environment, challenging you to plan your projects with foresight, execute with precision and manage inevitable change with elegance.
Make.TV is the leading provider of cloud-native live video acquisition and management solutions through its Live Video Cloud (“LVC”) platform. Our technology simplifies the creation, organization and routing of myriad live video sources to enable more content to be created and distributed or shared between content creators, producers, and broadcasters - at a scale and speed previously not possible. Make.TV is a division of LTN Global, a world-leading provider of broadcast-quality IP video transport solutions.
Make.TV’s cloud-based services let news, sports, esports, and entertainment producers manage complex workflows incorporating a wide array of video sources such as mobile devices, cameras, social media platforms, professional sources, and traditional broadcast infrastructure. With an intuitive, browser-based multi-view user interface, customers can easily deliver video streams to broadcast platforms and affiliates, as well as to social media and OTT platforms such as Facebook Live, YouTube, and Twitch. Our technology is trusted by leaders in news, sport, entertainment and esports, including ESL/Turtle Entertainment, RTL/CBC, Swisscom and SWR/ARD.
As a company, we believe in maintaining agility by employing flat hierarchies, and we encourage our team members with the freedom to take ownership of their responsibilities.
- Manage software development projects through the entire project lifecycle; define the technical scope and milestones, assure features, functionality and performance metrics requirements are defined.
- Effectively align stakeholders, engineering and cross-functional teams with a strong focus on facilitating collaboration, moderation, contingency planning and decision-making.
- Overcome obstacles, identify and remove bottlenecks and drive our projects to success with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Monitor risks during various stages of the project and escalate issues to the appropriate level of management.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across teams both locally and overseas to educate, influence, and execute.
- Estimate and manage budgets; resolve project, design or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Adjust your approach for each individual project; this may require you to play many roles, from in-house consultant to business analyst to hands-on architect.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related fields.
- Professional hands-on experience as a project manager, software architect or lead engineer, ideally in a cloud technology, broadcasting or associated media technology company.
- Deep understanding of the software development process, including development, QA and deployment, as well as work breakdown, dependencies and responsibilities (full SDLC); track record of shipping software on time.
- Credible experience in working with senior stakeholders to collect business requirements and turn them into technical designs.
- Excellent communication skills with the capability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences; ability to persuade without authority.
- Comfortable writing technical documentation, supportive of Make.TV’s technical integration with LTN’s wider product portfolio, service delivery and cooperation with other technology players in the broadcasting and media ecosystem.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Nice-to-haves: previous exposure to video technologies (RTMP, SRT, GStreamer, ffmpeg, HLS, MPEG-TS, etc.).
- Job-Type: Full-Time
- Employment: Permanent
- Place of work: Cologne/Germany
You are highly motivated and curious about this Job?
Please send applications (with CV, job references etc.) with salary expectations and earliest start date.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!