As Vice President Marketing m/f at Make.TV you lead all marketing related activities. Leveraging your strong background in B2B demand generation and SaaS/data driven marketing strategy, you will conceptualize and drive our marketing programs and campaigns, build up our marketing organization, implement and evangelize best practices and partner with our sales organization to achieve our corporate goals.
Make.TV is the leading provider of cloud-based, live video acquisition and management solutions through its Live Video Cloud (“LVC”) platform. Think of it as a video control room in the cloud. The company was founded in Germany (where most of the development team remains) but moved its corporate headquarters to Seattle, Washington in 2016.
Make.TV provides innovative solutions for top media, entertainment and technology companies worldwide, including Electronic Sports League (ESL), MTV/Viacom, MLB/BAMTech, FOX Sports Brazil, and the Swiss Broadcasting Corp (SRF). Make.TV’s award-winning Live Video Cloud helps content programmers and service providers in the fields of news, sports, eSports and entertainment bring live and on-demand video from any screen, to any or multiple destinations- including the ability to organize hundreds or thousands or live streams from mobile video for use in professional productions. Make.TV's investors include Microsoft Ventures, Voyager Capital and Vulcan Capital.
We believe in maintaining agility by employing flat hierarchies, and we encourage our team members with enough freedom to take ownership of their area of discipline.
Due to our distributed organizational structure, with offices in Seattle, USA and Cologne, Germany and a satellite office in Los Angeles, we offer ‘work from remote’ options as well. In general, we care most about getting the work done - although we feel you should visit the beautiful places we chose!
We are mature enough to structure processes well and to avoid quite some mistakes, but still "startup enough" to move quickly and adapt if we see areas that need to be improved.
More information is available at www.make.tv.
- Serve as lead over all marketing related activities
- Create and oversee all digital B2B email marketing strategy
- Use of ActOn, Marketo, or similar marketing automation platform to support requirements for advanced nurture programs that accelerate revenue opportunities through the sales and marketing funnels
- Drive our technical marketing programs & campaign experimentation
- Define and train on process to facilitate efficient workflows for campaign execution
- Evangelize the use of ActOn, Marketo (or similar) across the sales team, including training and best practices
- Provide recommendations to executive team based on data analysis, as a key input into ongoing marketing plans and campaigns
- Segment and leverage the marketing database for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness
- Work cross-functionally with heads of design and content to refine and refresh ad campaigns, landing pages and portals on a routine basis
- Partner with the sales organization to achieve team and company KPIs
- Proactively communicate campaign efficiency to leadership team, using analysis/presentations to recommend and implement strategies to improve performance
- 4+ years of B2B demand gen marketing strategy and budgetary oversight, preferably with experience in the media broadcasting and/or live streaming sector
- Experience with CRM or marketing automation tools and reporting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical with entrepreneurial spirit
- Data-driven with a natural curiosity to ask great questions (and answer them with reporting)
- Clear understanding of influence vs. authority
- Proven track record developing program plans that meet and exceed goals
- Successful at driving alignment across departments through open communication and collaboration
- Attention to detail, follow-through and deadline compliance
- Passionate about startups with a genuine desire to understand and help shape an industry
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, marketing, or communications
What the position offers:
- Experienced colleagues who have a history of successful start-ups
- An environment in which learning, and development are highly important
- Ability to materially impact and help shape a young, growing business
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Employment: Permanent
- Job Location: Greater Los Angeles Area (Santa Monica)
You are highly motivated and curious about this job?
Please send applications (with CV, job references etc.) with salary expectations and earliest start date.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!