As Software Engineer Java (m/f/div.) you will work on the technical planning and implementation of backend software components and database structures.
Make.TV is the leading provider of cloud-native live video acquisition and management solutions through its Live Video Cloud (“LVC”) platform. Our technology simplifies the creation, organization and routing of myriad live video sources to enable more content to be created and distributed or shared between content creators, producers, and broadcasters - at a scale and speed previously not possible. Make.TV is a division of LTN Global, a world-leading provider of broadcast-quality IP video transport solutions.
Make.TV’s cloud-based services let news, sports, esports, and entertainment producers manage complex workflows incorporating a wide array of video sources such as mobile devices, cameras, social media platforms, professional sources, and traditional broadcast infrastructure. With an intuitive, browser-based multi-view user interface, customers can easily deliver video streams to broadcast platforms and affiliates, as well as to social media and OTT platforms such as Facebook Live, YouTube, and Twitch. Our technology is trusted by leaders in news, sport, entertainment and esports, including ESL/Turtle Entertainment, RTL/CBC, Swisscom and SWR/ARD.
As a company, we believe in maintaining agility by employing flat hierarchies, and we encourage our team members with the freedom to take ownership of their responsibilities.
- Technical planning and implementation of backend components (such as our API, stream routing, media management, cloud / AWS / Azure administration/scaling, video encoding, and more).
- Planning and implementation of database structures as well as optimization of already existing databases and SQL queries.
- You are involved in all project phases - from planning and architecture through development to deployment.
- Most of our backend software is Java, C and Python are only used for specific applications. The frontend is HTML5 / JS (mostly based on Angular.js). If you should bring knowledge in these technologies as well, or you would like to improve it with us, we are looking forward to your application.
- Appropriate expertise to meet the challenging tasks; whether knowledge has been created by a computer science study or by other means is not relevant for us
- At least 2 years of experience with complex software projects
- Extensive experience in Java 8, Maven and Spring 4
- Experience working with Linux, PostgreSQL and Git
- Great Interest in new technologies and motivation
What the Job offers:
- Technical challenges at global scale
- Remote work
- Colleagues with outstanding, long-term experience and an environment in which learning and development are highly important
- Freedom in the improvement of own working methods
- Job-Type: Full-Time
- Employment: Permanent
- Place of work: Cologne
You are highly motivated and curious about this Job?
Please send applications (with CV, job references etc.) with salary expectations and earliest start date.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!