As Software Engineer Java (m/f/div.) for Playout you will work on the technical planning, implementation and future of our Cloud Playout system. Our Playout mostly uses Java (Red5 / Tomcat) but we also integrate other command line tools and programs like ffmpeg or nginx. With Playout you help customers from various media sectors to create new and interesting live channels on different platforms such as Twitch or Youtube.
Make.TV is a provider of cloud-native live video acquisition and management. We enable more content to be created and distributed between content creators, producers and broadcasters, at a scale and speed previously not possible. Our Live Video Cloud simplifies the creation, organization and routing of live video sources. With Make.TV Playout, we offer a cloud-based scheduler and playout solution, which enables content owners to create TV programs with a mix of pre-produced content and acquired live or near-live streams. After successfully securing Series A funding in the US, we were recently acquired by LTN Global, a company specializing in ultra-low latency transport of live video streams over the public internet.
Several broadcasting, media and eSports brands already successfully use our SaaS propositions. They can manage complex workflows that incorporate a wide array of video sources such as mobile devices, cameras, social media platforms, professional sources and traditional broadcast infrastructure. With an intuitive, browser-based multi-view UI, they are able to deliver video streams to broadcast platforms and affiliates, as well as to social media and OTT platforms (i.e. Facebook Live, YouTube, Twitch etc.) in parallel.
As a company, we believe in maintaining agility by employing flat hierarchies, and we encourage our team members with the freedom to take ownership of their responsibilities.
- Technical planning and implementation of new features for Playout with an eye on redundancy and scalability.
- Improving build- and deployment workflows to maintain a reliable product for our customers.
- Involvement in all project phases - from planning and architecture through development to deployment.
- Most of our Playout is Java, but general knowledge of C would be helpful when integrating specific applications.
- Our Playout frontend is HTML5 / JS (Angular, React); if you have knowledge of these technologies as well - or you would like to improve that with us - this will be considered advantageous.
- Appropriate expertise to meet the challenging tasks; whether you gained your knowledge through a computer science study or by other means is not relevant for us.
- Substantial experience with complex software projects.
- Extensive experience in Java 8
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Great interest in new technologies and motivation to keep up-to-date
- Experience with Red5 or at least Tomcat in general.
- Experience with live video streaming (RTMP / MPEG-TS / SRT / HLS) and codecs.
- Experience with connecting to external APIs.
- Experience working with Linux (Ubuntu) and Git.
- Job-Type: Full-Time
- Employment: Permanent
- Place of work: Cologne/Germany
You are highly motivated and curious about this job?
Please send applications (with CV, job references etc.) with salary expectations and your earliest start date.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!