As Software Engineer Java (m/f/div.) for Schedule you will work on the technical planning, implementation and future of our program scheduler and playout service. Scheduler mostly uses Java (Red5 / Tomcat) but we also integrate other command line tools and programs like ffmpeg or nginx. With Schedule you assist customers from various media sectors to create new and interesting live channels on different platforms such as Twitch or Youtube.
Make.TV provides cloud-native live video streaming and management. At a scale and speed previously not possible, we enable more content to be created and distributed - between content creators, producers and broadcasters. Our Live Video Cloud simplifies the production, organization and routing of live video sources. With Schedule, we offer a cloud-based program scheduler and playout solution, which enables content owners to create TV programs with a mix of pre-produced content and acquired live or near-live streams.
After successfully securing Series A funding in the US, last year we were acquired by LTN Global, a company specializing in ultra-low latency transport of live video streams over the public internet.
Several broadcasting, media and eSports brands already use our SaaS propositions successfully. They can manage complex workflows incorporating a wide array of video sources, such as mobile devices, cameras and social media platforms, but also professional sources and traditional broadcast infrastructure. In addition, they are able to deliver these streams - in parallel - to broadcast platforms and affiliates, as well as to social media and OTT platforms (i.e. Facebook Live, YouTube, Twitch etc.).
We are looking for a talented software engineer java (m/f/div.) to join our Schedule engineering team and contribute to the technical planning, implementation and future of our program scheduler and playout service.
- Technical planning and implementation of new features for Schedule with an eye on redundancy and scalability
- Improving build- and deployment workflows to maintain a reliable product for our customers
- Involvement in all project phases - from planning and architecture through development to deployment
- Most of our Schedule is Java, but general knowledge of C would be helpful when integrating specific applications
- Our Schedule frontend is HTML5 / JS (Angular, React); if you have knowledge of these technologies as well, or you would like to improve that with us, this will be considered advantageous
- Appropriate expertise to meet the challenging tasks; whether you gained your knowledge through a computer science study or by other means is not relevant for us.
- Substantial experience with complex software projects.
- Extensive experience in Java 8
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Great interest in new technologies and the professional motivation to keep up-to-date
- Experience with Red5 or at least Tomcat in general
- Experience with live video streaming (RTMP / MPEG-TS / SRT / HLS) and codecs
- Experience with connecting to external APIs
- Experience working with Linux (Ubuntu) and Git
What the Job offers:
- Technically challenging tasks
- Like-minded colleagues with a “no politics, no drama" attitude
- A working environment in which learning and development are considered highly important
- Encouragement to work with the latest technologies and procedures
- Job-Type: Full-Time
- Employment: Permanent
- Place of work: Cologne/Germany
Curious? Interested? Then please send your application (with CV, job references etc.) with salary expectations and earliest start date!
We look forward to hearing from you soon!