As QA Manager (m/f/div.) at Make.TV you are responsible for the quality for our Live Video Cloud. With a strong attention to detail, you will build our test automation practice, which will enable us to scale our engineering agility while ensuring reliable releases in parallel. As our new colleague you must bring in the technical expertise, creativity and initiative to build up our QA, implement best practices and manage partners when needed.
Make.TV is the leading provider of cloud-native live video acquisition and management solutions through its Live Video Cloud (“LVC”) platform. Our technology simplifies the creation, organization and routing of myriad live video sources to enable more content to be created and distributed or shared between content creators, producers, and broadcasters - at a scale and speed previously not possible. Make.TV is a division of LTN Global, a world-leading provider of broadcast-quality IP video transport solutions.
Make.TV’s cloud-based services let news, sports, esports, and entertainment producers manage complex workflows incorporating a wide array of video sources such as mobile devices, cameras, social media platforms, professional sources, and traditional broadcast infrastructure. With an intuitive, browser-based multi-view user interface, customers can easily deliver video streams to broadcast platforms and affiliates, as well as to social media and OTT platforms such as Facebook Live, YouTube, and Twitch. Our technology is trusted by leaders in news, sport, entertainment and esports, including ESL/Turtle Entertainment, RTL/CBC, Swisscom and SWR/ARD.
As a company, we believe in maintaining agility by employing flat hierarchies, and we encourage our team members with the freedom to take ownership of their responsibilities.
- Author test plans and test cases; own responsibility for test coverage, reporting and metrics; lead and provide technical expertise to both local and offshore QA teams.
- Advocate and implement QA best practices throughout the organization including a mix of automated and manual testing; identify improvement opportunities to ensure our cloud platform is reliable without affecting the expediency of our release process.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in close collaboration with engineering, operations and support.
- Manage and help maintain QA infrastructure, technology, and software that supports automation.
- Support constant regression and release testing activities; provide product quality assessments and risk analysis for product release approval.
- Work with system operations and engineering teams to manage post-deployment testing activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field); work experience in an agile environment.
- Proven ability defining automation strategy and influence planning to achieve automation growth.
- Track record in building and managing a QA team; experience working with global teams and offshore partners.
- Previous exposure to cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.); hands-on experience troubleshooting complex systems and cloud software issues.
- Nice-to-have: familiarity with networking concepts and latency testing, audio/video data streaming.
- Excellent analytical, communication, collaboration and reporting skills.