Make.TV is a provider of cloud-native live video acquisition and management. We enable more content to be created and distributed between content creators, producers and broadcasters, at a scale and speed previously not possible. We are looking for a talented Frontend Software Engineer (m/f/div.) for our Playout platform.
Make.TV is a provider of cloud-native live video acquisition and management. We enable more content to be created and distributed between content creators, producers and broadcasters, at a scale and speed previously not possible. Our Live Video Cloud simplifies the creation, organization and routing of live video sources. With Make.TV Playout, we offer a cloud-based scheduler and playout solution, which enables content owners to create TV programs with a mix of pre-produced content and acquired live or near-live streams. After successfully securing Series A funding in the US, we were recently acquired by LTN Global, a company specializing in ultra-low latency transport of live video streams over the public internet.
Several broadcasting, media and eSports brands already successfully use our SaaS propositions. They can manage complex workflows that incorporate a wide array of video sources such as mobile devices, cameras, social media platforms, professional sources and traditional broadcast infrastructure. With an intuitive, browser-based multi-view UI, they are able to deliver video streams to broadcast platforms and affiliates, as well as to social media and OTT platforms (i.e. Facebook Live, YouTube, Twitch etc.) in parallel.
As a company, we believe in maintaining agility by employing flat hierarchies, and we encourage our team members with the freedom to take ownership of their responsibilities.
- Implementation of Playout frontend applications.
- Implement and improve WebSocket communication with the backend.
- Improve the availability, stability and responsiveness of our web applications.
- Influence UI and UX decisions at Make.TV.
- Enhance capabilities for automated UI testing.
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with building full-scale web applications
- Experience with one or more of: ES6/7, TypeScript, Angular, React, node.js
- Strong problem-solving skills; understanding of algorithms and complexity analysis
- Experience working with Linux and Git
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Motivation to stay up-to-date with current browser and web technologies
Place of work: Cologne/Germany
You are highly motivated and curious about this Job?
Please send applications (with CV, job references etc.) with salary expectations and earliest start date.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!