We are looking for a talented Software Engineer (m/f/div) with proficient Go skills to contribute to the backend of our Live Video Cloud, and assist in improving the availability, latency and scalability of our services.
Make.TV is the leading provider of cloud-native live video acquisition and management solutions through its Live Video Cloud (“LVC”) platform. Our technology simplifies the creation, organization and routing of myriad live video sources to enable more content to be created and distributed or shared between content creators, producers, and broadcasters - at a scale and speed previously not possible. Make.TV is a division of LTN Global, a world-leading provider of broadcast-quality IP video transport solutions.
Make.TV’s cloud-based services let news, sports, esports, and entertainment producers manage complex workflows incorporating a wide array of video sources such as mobile devices, cameras, social media platforms, professional sources, and traditional broadcast infrastructure. With an intuitive, browser-based multi-view user interface, customers can easily deliver video streams to broadcast platforms and affiliates, as well as to social media and OTT platforms such as Facebook Live, YouTube, and Twitch. Our technology is trusted by leaders in news, sport, entertainment and esports, including ESL/Turtle Entertainment, RTL/CBC, Swisscom and SWR/ARD.
As a company, we believe in maintaining agility by employing flat hierarchies, and we encourage our team members with the freedom to take ownership of their responsibilities. With our software development team working from our office in Cologne, we support “work from remote” options as well.
Interested? More information is available at www.make.tv
- Implementation of LVC backend services and improve the availability, latency and scalability of Make.TV’s services
- Solve problems relating to mission-critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Influence the designs and architectures for large-scale distributed systems
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Proficient knowledge of Linux server operating systems
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient Go programming skills
- Experience with one or more of: AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, C, C++, Java, Python, gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and resilience patterns
- Understanding of processes, threads, concurrency issues, locks and Linux performance monitoring (strace et. al)
- Strong problem-solving skills; understanding of algorithms and complexity analysis
- Expertise in designing and implementing microservice architectures
What the Job offers:
- Colleagues with outstanding, long-term experience and an environment in which learning and development are highly important
- technically challenging tasks
- progressive technologies and procedures
- freedom in the improvement of own working methods
- Job-Type: Full-Time
- Employment: Permanent
- Place of work: Cologne/Germany, Remote/Home-Office possible
You are highly motivated and curious about this Job?
Please send applications (with CV, job references etc.) with salary expectations and earliest start date.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!