Magna-Power Electronics, a fast-growing US electronics manufacturer, is seeking a Python software developer to work with the company's research and development team on new products, product validation, and manufacturing automation. Magna-Power designs and manufactures a broad range of programmable DC power products used for cutting-edge test and measurement application in industries including: aerospace, automotive, particle acceleration, oil and gas, among many others.
The Software Developer should be proficient in Python programming and unit testing frameworks. Key responsibilities for the Software Developer will include:
- Developing advanced software used by customers for computer control of Magna-Power's products.
- Developing automated and semi-automated unit tests to validate production hardware, both on a board level and system level.
- Debug electrical testing jigs.
- Writing software to help solve challenges and improve efficiency in production.
Qualifications will include:
- 3 to 5 years of software development experience.
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Proficient in Python programming languages and best practices in the language.
- Comfortable with electronics, soldering, oscilloscopes, and reading electrical schematics
- Familiar with communication interfaces (Ethernet, serial, etc).
- Exposure to version control, in particular, Subversion (SVN)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
In addition to competitive compensation, Magna-Power offers a comprehensive benefits package, which is includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Savings plan with company contribution
- Accrued vacation and personal time
- Tuition reimbursement
Excellent growth opportunities are available for individuals who are willing to learn and develop. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, or other protected veteran status.