Magna-Power Electronics, a leader in high-power programmable DC power supplies, is seeking an Applications Engineer at its Flemington, NJ location. Magna-Power Electronics has a broad worldwide customer base for its high technology products. The company’s strong reputation for product support is critical for its ongoing growth. Responsibilities for the Applications Support Engineer include:
- Learning and understanding Magna-Power Electronics products on a functional and technical level
- Methodically troubleshooting and diagnosing issues with complex electronic products
- Ensuring smooth flow of information on worldwide support items through direct communications with highly technical customers
- Using issue tickets for support documentation and maintenance
- Writing work instruction documentation to walk customers through common field repairs
- Traveling with Magna-Power's sales partners to visit with key customers and understand their technical requirements
- Assigning return merchandise authorization numbers and monitoring products through the repair process
Given the complex nature of the products, there will be significant hands-on training and interaction with Magna-Power Electronics production testing team. Candidates should be comfortable working around high voltage, high current power supplies. There will be no travel associated with this position. The ideal candidate should have the following skills/experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or 4+ years experience in electronics applications engineering and product support.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Familiarity with WYSIWYG editors.
- Experience in electronics or test and measurement preferred.
- Patience and willingness to work well through issues under the pressure of some customer’s timelines.
- Fluent knowledge of computers and basic knowledge of database-driven systems.
- Experience working with reliability data and repair history to generate product line level statistics a plus.
In addition to competitive compensation, Magna-Power offers a comprehensive benefits package, which is includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k savings plan with company contribution
- Accrued vacation and personal time
- Tuition reimbursement
Excellent growth opportunities are available for individuals who are willing to learn and develop. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, or other protected veteran status.