Libations Catering @ The Village
Catering/Event Production Manager
The Village - San Francisco, CA
The Village is a state-of-the-art venue featuring 3 floors with 17,000 sq ft of space and capacity of 1300. It was designed to foster the evolution of storytelling through interactive media. The century old building offers you historic San Francisco with all the bells and whistles of a high tech dollar rebuild. Everything is brand new, although we did keep the 100 year old exposed brick as a keepsake. Located in the heart of San Francisco, the venue sits on a street famed for being a major transit artery for the city. Just steps away from Moscone center, Bloomingdales, and Union Square.
General Job Duties:
- Design and sell full production plans for onsite and offsite services to include catering, rentals and design plans
- Prepare and maintain all internal paperwork leading up to event including production schedules, delivery timelines, internal staffing timelines and overall run of show
- Manager sales pipeline, lead and client information in CRM database
- Design buffet maps for custom and seasonal food stations and buffets
- Determine and obtain all needed event permits including SFFD, ABC and SFMTA.
- Determine rental needs (tables, linens, platters, chafers, risers etc.) as a function of approved menu. Place orders with local vendor partners, track and manage delivery, setup and return of rented items
- Implements and develop protocol and processes (SOP’s) pertaining to the logistical execution of private and public events
- Create a master production schedule in conjunction with the Director of Catering and Events and work with producers/project managers to coordinate vendor and client timelines
- Assist in the development and execution of staffing plans
- Create and update floorplans that incorporate catering points of service, guest seating and client collateral
- Serve as a liaison between clients, external production agencies, internal catering team, A/V production team and internal stakeholders
- Work with local vendor partners and Director of Catering and Events to create innovative custom design decks
- Assist in administrative and scheduling tasks as needed for the Director of Catering and Events
- Day-of event coordination to include managing external vendors and client needs
- Schedule internal production meetings two weeks prior to event
- Do pre-event walkthrough with client.
- Do post-event walkthrough with client after event and document any damages
- Ensure client satisfaction by being available during event until they agreed upon handoff to onsite event manager.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience
- 1-3 years of experience in the hospitality, events or culinary fields.
- Knowledge of Bay Area vendors and companies required. Local Candidates only.
- Experience producing events
- Experience in the catering industry
- Ability to learn All Seated or similar floorplan generation software
- Ability to help with event design including guest seating vignettes, floral design and theme-specific décor.
Excellent Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Organization, Time Management, Decision Making, Business and Commercial Acumen, Leadership, Motivational Skills, Knowledge of Food and Hygiene, Financial Skills, Expense Tracking, G Suite
Bachelor's Degree in related field
Salary dependent upon experience
Medical Dental and Health Insurance & PTO
This is a full-time position, and hours of work are normally Monday through Friday from 9am - 5pm when you are not required to stay for an event. Event times range drastically so this position normally requires over 40 hours per week during busy seasons and can include weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
This is a small, fast paced, deadline oriented, creative business that produces Corporate and Private special events and media content projects. This will include on-site and off-site consultations and venue walk-throughs. This position requires flexibility in scheduling as necessary. Most events are held Monday to Friday daytime- however there is occasional need for late and weekend work.
The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate with the exception of events in which the noise level will be drastically increased. The work environment is comparable to other event and production industry environments.
This position requires only local travel around the bay area.
Please Submit Resume and Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position and providing an overview of relevant experience.