We have a unique opportunity for a talented individual who has experience with industrial equipment/CNC machinery, hardware installation, knowledge of electrical codes, plus an IT network background: network connection, configuring IP addresses, etc.
Please note that this is not a software engineer or design position.
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals that couldn’t sit still and are obsessed with making an incredible product.
Our work environment is busy, non-political, and comfortable. You’ll do well here if you can self-manage but aren’t afraid to reach out for help. Our team is committed to making an awesome product that will help our customers see serious improvements.
As a growing startup, we are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company.
You excel at working independently and responsibly, with a strong ability to troubleshoot. If you are personable and responsive to our customers, love to travel, and have spent time in factories and/or machine shops, read on.
You'll have an understanding of electrical components and safety codes and regulations, which will be an integral part of this job. We're looking for the right mix of professional, technical, mechanical proficiency. Your strong interpersonal skills will make our customers feel valued.
The perks? You will get to explore new and interesting parts of the US (and sometimes… beyond!) You’ll meet new people and be the on-premise face of a rapidly growing IoT company. Are you ready to learn more?
What You’ll Do:
- Connect machines to network (machine control circuitry plus data monitoring equipment)
- Set-up an onsite server, configure IP addresses, and other networking tasks
- You'll make decisions based on technical documents (such as blueprints, schematics, or instructions)
- Effectively communicate information between customers and the integration team
- Observe safety procedures and meet electrical codes
What You’ll Have:
- Experience working on CNC and automated manufacturing equipment
- Demonstrated IT/networking knowledge
- PLC Programming experience preferred
- Prior knowledge of electrical systems and industrial equipment
- Awareness of national, state, and local electrical codes and regulations
- Familiarity with equipment lock-out/tag-out (LOTO) procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively manage projects
- Willing to perform physically demanding tasks, such as lift heavy objects, climbing ladders, crawling, etc
This position requires approximately two and half weeks a month of travel (60%) to various locations, often with short notice. Candidates must be near a major airport for travel.
You'll need a valid driver’s license, passport, ability to travel without restriction, and be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.