MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals that couldn't sit still and are obsessed with making an incredible product. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor and enable teams to drive decisions with machine data.
Our industry 4.0-ready solutions work out-of-the-box to increase productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, deep manufacturing analytics, and AI-driven predictive capabilities. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients.
Our work environment is busy, non-political, and comfortable. People that do well here can self-manage but aren’t afraid to reach out for guidance.
We are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company. You’re the kind of person that enjoys working independently and with other teams. You love working with people and helping them seek solutions.
You’ll have a significant opportunity in this position to rapidly gain experience and support the development of the Integration department. We welcome people with all industry backgrounds: automotive, mechanical engineering, electrical, heavy equipment to name a few. Are you ready to learn more?
What You'll Do:
- You'll work closely with our customers to support a wide range of hardware and network configurations
- Read schematics and wiring diagrams
- Collaborate with machine tool technicians
- Interfacing machine control circuitry with data monitoring equipment
What You'll Have:
- You pride yourself on professional customer and supplier communication
- Basic IT and Networking experience
- Electrical Engineering background with a dream to pursue journeyman’s license
- Familiarity with Lock-out/Tag-out (LOTO) procedures
- PLC programming experience
Typical installation (approximately one week):
- You’ll fly to the customer’s location, rent a car, and travel to the factory
- You’ll discuss plans, expectations for the integration, plant rules, etc. with our client
- Review server installation and networking
- Connect communication hardware to machine tools, reference electrical schematics, solve circuit-related problems, and configure machines for communication
- Configure tablets and TV’s to display our software
This position requires between two to three weeks a month of travel (50 - 75%) to various locations, often with short notice.
You'll need a valid driver’s license, passport, ability to travel without restriction, and be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.