We have an exciting role for an Integrations & Hardware Assembly Assistant in our Northampton, MA office!
Who We Are:
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals that couldn't sit still and are obsessed with making an incredible product. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor and enable teams to drive decisions with machine data.
Our industry 4.0-ready solutions work out-of-the-box to increase productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, deep manufacturing analytics, and AI-driven predictive capabilities. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients.
Who You Are:
Our work environment is busy, non-political, and comfortable. People that do well here can self-manage but aren’t afraid to reach out for guidance.
We are seeking a person that displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company. You’re the kind of person that enjoys working independently and with other teams. Are you ready to learn more?
What You’ll Do:
- Source, organize, build, and configure required hardware and ship to customers as per scheduling deadlines
- Work closely with the Field Integrators to pre-stage and program required components
- Maintain inventory (e.g., sensors, tablets, tools, industrial servers, and wiring harnesses), and report via spreadsheet on a monthly basis .
- Occasionally plan logistics and travel to customer sites to assist with hardware installations
What You’ll Have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of AC and DC electronics (AC/DC)
- Aptitude to learn how to build wiring harnesses from prints/ schematics
- Basic IT knowledge (i.e. can set IP addresses, install software)
- Experience in G-Suite (Google spreadsheets, etc.)
- Ability to problem-solve quickly and efficiently
- Reliable vehicle required for dropping off packages
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- Experience in inventory maintenance
- Have worked with both Windows and Linux OSs
- Manufacturing / Factory / shop floor experience
- Experience working with suppliers/vendors
- Qualified candidates possess a valid driver’s license, passport, and are able to travel without restriction
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.