Mach49 is a Growth Incubator for global businesses. We partner with our clients to disrupt existing markets and create new ones through a strategic mix of incubations, corporate venturing, and ecosystem creations.
If you have experience in developing corporate strategies, building operating plans and financial models, identifying performance metrics, and working effectively with unstructured teams, we want to talk to you. We are now seeking an experienced Finance/Operations Lead to work with a new venture we are incubating with a large global brand.
The Finance/Operations Lead is responsible for driving the business and operating strategy with the new venture team members. The lead will develop an understanding of the new venture’s market opportunity and the underlying value derived by its customers. As the operating and execution plan owner, the lead will drive the development of revenue, hiring, and operating expense models as well as the venture’s required investment levels.
- Work closely with the Team Lead and other members to drive the new venture team’s business strategy, including analysis and recommendation of the business model, and identification of primary and secondary revenue streams
- Develop a deep understanding of the target industry sector, including analysis of the total / serviceable addressable market size, and firm valuation, and relate this directly to the new venture’s operating plan
- Create an understanding of value derived, and benefits realized, by customers; use this to help develop pricing strategies
- Work with team to understand customer needs, as well as general product understanding, to be reflected in operating/execution plan
- Help create a detailed, phased, 24-month operating plan, including identification of phases and goals / milestones, activities, de-risking strategies, and resource requirements
- Support the development of an operating / executing plan, including creation of hiring, revenue, and operating expense models, to inform investment decisions
- Identify and model KPIs and other objective performance metrics to guide the venture
- 5+ years of experience in business / operations / finance in software, preferably with strong understanding of SaaS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business with solid foundation in accounting or finance
- Creative and quantitative thinker with a keen eye for detail and a strong bias toward making data-driven decisions
- Strong strategic planning skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Excellent people leadership and management skills, including demonstrable ability to work with highly collaborative, unstructured teams
- Previous experience within a startup
Contract Type: 3-4 Month Contract with the potential to transition to Full Time