If you are a creative product leader with a track record of success working for both start-ups and enterprises, we want to talk to you. Mach49 seeks a New Venture Director to lead business incubations.
Mach49 is on a mission to help global enterprises succeed with Venture Building. We help our clients “Disrupt from Within” - leverage their people and assets to build a portfolio of disruptive new businesses. With our help, our customers have created and launched dozens of successful businesses and demand continues to grow.
With our Incubations and Accelerations as a Service, we work side-by-side with our customer’s intrapreneurial teams as they journey from concept through customer validation and prototype development to launch and accelerate. Our approach is dynamic and customer centric powered by our work in advanced customer design research and lean innovation processes.
· Work as a general management leader and product management expert with entrepreneurial teams responsible for creating disruptive new businesses
· Be accountable for client team success and maintaining a positive working environment. Identify and troubleshoot (or escalate) situations that might derail teams.
· Orchestrate Mach49 resources to train and coach teams on customer interviews, scripts, storyboards, scripts, etc.
· Help teams frame and sort through their experiences. Facilitate daily/weekly syntheses, training team to run their own syntheses
· Participate in recruiting, interviewing and vetting potential entrepreneurial team members
· Establish close advisor relationship with the client team’s leader, helping guide the leader and the team through the Mach49 incubation process and
· Facilitate workshops and exercises that help establish team norms, teach Mach49 methodology, and/or help advance the team towards their goals
· Support business development activities
· 8+ years of work experience with demonstrated track record of software and/or digital product management leadership
· 5+ years of experience managing and/or leading teams at an executive level
· Past roles working at or consulting to global enterprises, ideally in a strategic role
· Time spent in customer facing roles at a senior level (e.g., consulting, sales, sales support, customer service)
· Familiarity and/or experience interviewing customers for market research and/or Voice of the Customer initiatives
· Previous experience working at a start-up
· Experience facilitating ideation and solution brainstorming workshops for cross-functional teams
· Exceptional people skills and the demonstrated ability to gain confidence, build rapport and drive consensus with team members, board members, and partners
· Execution oriented individual that understands and can apply lean startup thinking, manage complex projects and run teams.
· Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, fluid environment
· Outstanding product management skills with the ability to develop product concept visions, MVP, roadmaps at both strategic and detailed level.
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a unique opportunity to work in a startup-like, fast-paced, innovative environment, while at the same time having the support and full benefits of a great company.