If you are a passionate, curious, motivated, qualitative research professional, we want to talk to you. Mach49 seeks a Senior User Researcher/Design Researcher to lead teams through the customer centered research process throughout the incubation.
Mach49 is on a mission to help global enterprises succeed with Venture Building. We help our clients “Disrupt from Within” - leverage their people and assets to build a portfolio of disruptive new businesses. With our help, our customers have created and launched dozens of successful businesses and demand continues to grow.
With our Incubations and Accelerations as a Service, we work side-by-side with our customer’s intrapreneurial teams as they journey from concept through customer validation and prototype development to launch and accelerate. Our approach is dynamic and customer centric powered by our work in advanced customer design research and lean innovation processes.
As a Senior UX/Design Researcher, you will enable client teams to learn deeply about their end-users, uncover user pain, and in/validate hypotheses which typically take the form of open ended interviews, storyboards and prototypes. This includes:
- Working with client teams to leverage the Mach49 user research process
- Coaching teams on tactics and best practices for conducting effective user research
- Developing research and testing strategies and logistics for entrepreneurial teams by assisting in the creation of interview scripts, storyboards, and prototypes
- Leading research synthesis and translating observations into findings
OTHER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partnering with designers on the creation of testing stimuli in various degrees of fidelity
- Providing thought leadership on Mach49 research methodologies such as piloting new tactics, where appropriate, for incorporation into the Mach49 user research toolkit
- Lead and co-host workshops for client teams of all sizes
- Jumping in and helping out colleagues on other teams, as necessary
Mach49 is a unique company; as business co-founders with our clients, we are neither like a consulting firm, nor like working at an in-house company. To be successful, we have found the following characteristics to be beneficial:
- Interest in a wide-variety of global business topics
- Comfort within a fast-paced, collaborative environment with client teams who may be initially uncomfortable with ambiguity
- Desire to mentor others (including non-researchers) along with the means and patience to do so
- Ability to pivot, when necessary
- Adeptness at delivering high-quality research outcomes with time and budget constraints
- Supportive of colleagues when they need a hand to keep projects running smoothly
- Politically savvy when working with clients
- Skilled at knowing when to lead versus when to collaborate
- A curious mind and the ability to make connections between diverse fields and industries
- 5+ years of work experience as a User Researcher
- Degree in human/computer interaction, behavioral psychology, design
- Experience with a variety of qualitative research methods from foundational (remote and in-person interviewing) generative (participatory design, storyboard testing), and evaluative methods
- Demonstrated experience applying customer research methods in service of conceiving, validating and building a product
- Previous experience within a start-up company is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a unique opportunity to work in a startup-like, fast-paced, innovative environment, while at the same time having the support and full benefits of a great company.