Hiring for late Q3-Q4
Are you a creative problem solver with a strong head for business and a product management orientation? Can you adapt rapidly to shifting business dynamics and interpersonal relationships? If so, we want to talk to you. Mach49 seeks a New Venture Director to lead business incubations.
● Work as a general management leader and help set the strategic product direction with entrepreneurial teams responsible for creating disruptive new businesses.
● Participate in developing highly-functioning client teams, fundable business and operating plans, and helping further Mach49’s industry-leading methodologies. Identify and troubleshoot (or escalate) situations that might derail teams.
● Collaborate with Mach49’s UX and Customer Development Research resources to train and coach teams on customer interviews, scripts, storyboards, etc.
● Help teams frame and sort through their experiences. Coordinate with the March49 teams to facilitate daily/weekly syntheses, eventually training team to run their own.
● Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and vetting potential entrepreneurial team members.
● Facilitate workshops and exercises that help establish team norms, teach Mach49 methodology, and/or help advance the team towards their goals.
● Work with the Entrepreneurs-in-Residence to support business development activities.
● Previous experience working at a start-up
● 3+ years of work experience with demonstrated track record of software, digital product, and/or business management responsibility
● Experience managing and/or leading teams
● Past roles working at, or consulting to, global enterprises, ideally in a strategic role
● Time spent in customer facing roles (e.g., consulting, sales, sales support, customer service)
● Experience facilitating workshops for cross-functional teams
● Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, fluid environment
● A willingness to do what it takes to make Mach49 and client teams successful – there is no job too big or too small
● Exceptional people skills and the demonstrated ability to gain confidence, build rapport, and drive consensus with team members
● Ability to develop strategic product concepts and visions, as well as the detailed execution plans to support their creation
● Execution oriented individual that understands and can apply lean startup thinking, facilitate complex projects, and oversee teams