If you are a creative problem solver that understands human-centered design, user research, usability testing, persona creation, and design thinking methods:
- Superpowers in UX, UI, presentation, and digital design
- Understand the customer interview process, script writing, and qualitative user research
Mach49 seeks a UX/UI Designer to join our team.
Mach49 works with global enterprises to build a pipeline and portfolio of disruptive new businesses. We act as cofounders, working side by side with our customer’s intrapreneurial teams as they journey from concept through customer validation and prototype development to launch. Our approach is dynamic and highly customer-centric, leveraging our deep experience in customer design research and lean innovation processes. We have helped our customers create and launch dozens of successful businesses and are experiencing tremendous demand for our offerings.
Help client teams conceive, test, and build new disruptive products by combining work from multiple disciplines: Design, User Research, Usability, Design Thinking
The process begins with Customer Development Research, moves through the brainstorming process, and continues with rapid product iteration. Each 12-week incubation is focused on helping project teams define a product concept, vision, and roadmap that global enterprises can build a business around. The UX/UI Designer & Researcher keeps the customer in the center throughout the incubation process.
- UX: Information Architecture and methods for organizing complex and diverse types of content, low-res prototypes
- UI: Wireframing and high-fidelity prototyping
- Visual Design: Visual hierarchy, grid systems, and typography
- User Research: Script creation, scenario development, qualitative test strategy, persona development, design thinking
- Ability to design and build compelling presentations and pitch decks that communicate boldly and clearly
- Understand team dynamics, communicate clearly, and play nice
- Willing to be flexible and work when the work is needed, sometimes at odd hours (there are lots of peaks and valleys during an incubation)
- Fluency in the following design programs: Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Balsamiq, Invision, Keynote/Powerpoint
- 3+ years of work experience
- Degree from an accredited university or college in Design and/or User Experience
- Experience applying customer research methods in service of conceiving, validating and building a product
- Comfort within a fast-paced, collaborative environment with client teams who are often initially uncomfortable with ambiguity
- Politically savvy when working with clients
- Skilled at knowing when to lead versus when to collaborate
- Comfort learning and working within the current Mach49 Experience Research process
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of organizations
- Persuasive written and oral communication style
- Previous start-up experience a plus
- A curious mind and the ability to naturally make connections between diverse fields and industries
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a unique opportunity to work in a startup-like, fast-paced, innovative environment, while at the same time having the support and full benefits of a great company.