If you are an experienced partner, principal, relationship manager, or executive with experience in, and a passion for driving innovation in large organizations, we want to talk to you. Mach49 seeks a new Executive-in-Residence (ExIR) to develop and manage the relationship and partnership between teams of intrapreneurs and their parent (and sponsor) organizations.
Mach49 is on a mission to help global enterprises succeed with Venture Building. We help our clients “Disrupt from Within” - leverage their people and assets to build a portfolio of disruptive new businesses. With our help, our customers have created and launched dozens of successful businesses and demand continues to grow.
With our Incubations and Accelerations as a Service, we work side-by-side with our customer’s intrapreneurial teams as they journey from concept through customer validation and prototype development to launch and accelerate. Our approach is dynamic and customer centric powered by our work in advanced customer design research and lean innovation processes.
As a Mach49 ExIR, you are overseeing the overall success of the client relationship. Working as a liaison between the new venture (intrapreneur) teams and parent company senior teams; managing the relationship from project initiation to reintegration at the appropriate point in time.
· Act as overall relationship manager with the sponsor/parent company (client)
· Be accountable for client team success and maintaining a positive working environment. Identify and troubleshoot (or escalate) situations that might derail successful realization of new business or venture development and launch.
· Onboard and prepare the parent organization’s New Venture Board (NVB) for the work of new venture incubation and acceleration to first revenue; providing custom-designed support and regular touch points throughout the process.
· Develop and prep a network of New Venture Advocates which the parent company can use to ease the path to new venture or business development and realization.
- Work with Mach49 team to further develop both the art and the “science” (IP in the form of repeatable toolkits and approaches) which we can provide to our clients for repeatable capability in successful corporate venturing.
· Provide to, and manage those codified tools and approaches for, the client’s New Venture Board, New Venture Advocates, and New Venture Teams (Intrapreneurs) to the NVBs and NVAs throughout the incubation.
· Support business development activities as pertains selling follow-on work with existing clients and, as appropriate, for new client acquisition.
· 10+ years of innovation advisory or innovation implementation and management experience with large organizations; preferably as a principal or partner working in a client/relationship management capacity
· Demonstrated background in business development; proof of developing and closing follow-on engagements with global enterprise clients; new client business development a plus
- Ability to influence without authority – acting as a senior advisor but not a direct “supervisor” – thus experience in senior advisory roles in consulting and/or senior internal staff/advisory (e.g., internal Director or VP of Innovation or Growth Strategy)
· Previous experience working in both a big company setting and start ups
· Strong relationship manager with (or within) global enterprises
· Execution oriented individual that understands and can apply design thinking, lean startup approaches, and manage complex projects and multi-faceted relationships with large organizations.
· Exceptional people skills and the demonstrated ability to gain confidence, build rapport and drive consensus with client team members, senior managers, board members, and fellow Mach49 partners
· Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, fluid environment
· Strong project and situational management skills with the ability to manage the incubation and parent company relationship from initiation through reintegration.
- Experience in corporate innovation and/or venturing (internal and/or external venture development and realization).
- Experience with business development in G1000 environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a unique opportunity to work in a startup-like, fast-paced, innovative environment, while at the same time having the support and full benefits of a great company.