M13 is a 21st century investment platform, comprised of our Ventures and Foundry divisions, where we focus on affecting outcomes in the next generation of great consumer brands. Our investment fund has deployed over $100M of capital across 130+ consumer companies. We are a results-driven organization with a top-tier track record. We seek to affect outcomes for founders, partners, & investors by leveraging our Playbook, which institutionalizes the process of scaling consumer-centric brands.
With background in investing, corporate finance, and as successful founders, we occupy a unique position in the VC ecosystem. We’ve invested in some of the most innovative consumer brands on the market, including Daily Harvest, Pinterest, Ring, Bonobos, The Honest Company, Thrive Market, Lyft, Slack, Kevita, SpaceX, Hyperloop, Leesa, ClassPass and others. We also work closely with a select group of companies, ranging from young startups to Fortune 500 corporations, to scale existing operations and build new business lines.
We are looking for a temporary financial administrative assistant to assist the Ventures team in the raise of our institutional venture capital fund and current portfolio of investments.
- Prior administrative experience at a venture capital firm, private equity firm or other financial institution
- Prior experience interacting with investors and limited partners
- Experience with an institutional fundraise a plus
- Strong knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce, Affinity, etc.) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google products (Gmail, Drive, etc.)
- Ability to anticipate needs, and creatively problem solve
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing needs
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Assist Ventures team in communicating with LPs
- Act as the resource for all administrative questions from the LPs with guidance from the investment department
- Gather data, prepare and maintain investment reports
- Support the investment team with day-to day functions for the new fund
- Assist in preparing materials and reports for current portfolio companies and investment entities, including tax documentation, financial records and more
- Perform diversified administrative functions and related administrative services. Compose correspondence, memorandums, and documents.
- Prepare reports, as requested.
- Project coordination, combining research and analytical skills