The LynQ device, a people compass, is the first implementation of a decentralized, secure network that’s portable to anywhere in the world at a moment’s notice. Lynq software offers a new communication standard, changing how low-bandwidth data is communicated, facilitating decentralized transmissions for miles without relying on infrastructure or third-party networks -- all at an unmatched level of privacy and security. Our pending patents enable thousands of devices to operate in a small area without interference and communicate data in a manner that is extremely difficult to intercept, detect and hack.
- Hardware Design: develop, prototype and debug new electronic circuit designs using EDA (Altium Designer) tools. Specific competencies include low-voltage power-supplies (DC/DC), embedded processors and support circuits, RF design (including impedance matching and noise mitigation), and associated layout.
- Design for Manufacturing: deliver production-ready design packages, including: PCB artwork, bills of materials, and pick-and-place files, as well as any necessary testing requirements and associated tools.
- Product Testing and Improvement: test new firmware and hardware revisions of existing products, create appropriate testing procedures, iterate solutions to bugs, and continue optimizing existing products for cost, performance and reliability.
- Education: BSEE or equivalent.
- 2-5 years’ practical experience in electrical design and manufacturing.
- Previous experience in large-scale consumer electronics design production.
- Ability to work independently on new prototypes, with strong physical prototyping skill set (soldering, hot-air rework, board assembly, etc.)
- Familiarity with EDA software (Eagle, Altium, Cadence, etc) a must.
- Working understanding of test equipment, including: DMM’s, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, bench power supplies, etc.
- Fluent in C and/or C++, particularly with respect to developing embedded applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and high personal standards of quality work.
Working at Lynq
- Team - Our talented and diverse team includes multiple time founders, inventors, former venture capitalists, rockstars, award winning DJs and space geeks.
- Culture - We believe that intellectual curiosity and persistence strong determinants of and individual’s success and our core values include integrity, humility and ambition (yes, they can go hand in hand!).
- Incentives - Join a high growth an early Benefit from an attractive stock option package by joining a team of 10 (and growing) founders and early employees.
- Benefits - Lynq offers a variety of company benefits including one of the nation’s best health insurance packages, 401k plan and other benefits.
- Network - Surround yourself with experienced founders and tech operators and a company that is part of the leading networks in hardware, startups and venture capital including Techstars, Hax/SOSV and several other industry-focused communities such as Hardware Club, Woman in Hardware, New Lab, ACTAI and more.
- Recognition - Lynq is a multiple award winning company and recent distinctions include 0.01% of Indiegogo’s most successful campaigns ever, Time Magazine Best Innovations 2018, SXSW Innovation Awards Honoree 2019, Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards 2018, Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge Finalist 2019.
- Location - Lynq is located at the iconic and exclusive New Lab space in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. New Lab offers a unique community, space and resources for the highest potential startups in hardware, robotics, AI and other deep tech and scientific-based technologies.