Senior Firmware Engineer
Number of positions open: 2
Full time | Brooklyn, NY
The LynQ device, a people compass, is the first implementation of a decentralized, secure network that’s portable to anywhere in the world at a moment’s notice. Lynq software offers a new communication standard, changing how low-bandwidth data is communicated, facilitating decentralized transmissions for miles without relying on infrastructure or third-party networks -- all at an unmatched level of privacy and security. Our pending patents enable thousands of devices to operate in a small area without interference and communicate data in a manner that is extremely difficult to intercept, detect and hack.
- You will become a part of the firmware engineering team producing solutions for our next generation of product.
- Take an active role in leading portions of engineering designs.
- Design, develop, and implement embedded algorithms for radio transmission and receipt.
- Work closely with Electrical Engineering to implement features that are compliant with hardware design constraints.
- Develop and contribute to our SDK to allow others to easily implement and integrate with the product.
- Improve our current products by optimizing for power and performance.
- Create test scripts and suites to validate product and speed up development.
- 4+ years experience in professional firmware engineering.
- Must have prior experience developing for ARM Cortex-M processors using the ARM GNU toolchain.
- Must have strong knowledge of C/C++.
- Must have developed production code for an existing product.
- Must have a working knowledge of most standard peripherals on embedded processors (e.g. SPI, UART, I2C, USB, DMA).
- Must have experience developing serial protocols.
- The ability to effectively debug applications via standard tools such as GDB and through hardware such as logical analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Can perform power consumption analysis and optimize firmware for battery constrained operation.
- Follows coding best practices. Accustomed to maintaining code bases in Github or similar.
- Strong knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Prior experience developing for a real-time OS is a plus.
- Working knowledge of network stacks such as Ethernet and MQTT is a plus.
- Previous development for Bluetooth Low Energy devices (e.g. Nordic) is a plus.
- Familiarity with designing SDKs or APIs is a plus.
- Experience in electronics design and a layout a plus.
Working at Lynq
- Team - Our talented and diverse team includes multiple time founders, inventors, former venture capitalists, rockstars, award-winning DJs and space geeks.
- Culture - We believe that intellectual curiosity and persistence are strong determinants of and individual’s success and our core values include integrity, humility and ambition (yes, they can go hand in hand!).
- Incentives - Join a high growth early stage startup. Benefit from an attractive stock option package by joining a team of 10 (and growing) founders and early employees.
- Benefits - Lynq offers a variety of company benefits including one of the nation’s best health insurance packages, 401k plan and other benefits.
- Network - Surround yourself with experienced founders and tech operators and a company that is part of the leading networks in hardware, startups and venture capital including Techstars, Hax/SOSV and several other industry-focused communities such as Hardware Club, Woman in Hardware, New Lab, ACTAI and more.
- Recognition - Lynq is a multiple award-winning company and recent distinctions include 0.01% of Indiegogo’s most successful campaigns ever, Time Magazine Best Innovations 2018, SXSW Innovation Awards Honoree 2019, Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards 2018, Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge Finalist 2019.
- Location - Lynq is located at the iconic and exclusive New Lab space in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. New Lab offers a unique community, space and resources for the highest-potential startups in hardware, robotics, AI and other deep tech and scientific-based technologies.