Lynker Technologies, LLC is seeking to hire a part-time volunteer coordinator/education specialist to support the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary (MBMMS) Sanctuary Exploration Center (SEC) in Santa Cruz, CA. The mission of the SEC is to foster stewardship of the MBNMS by connecting visitors to the water, geology, and life within it; to engender appreciation for maritime and cultural resources protected by the sanctuary; and to highlight the role of technology in understanding sanctuary resources.
As a volunteer coordinator/education specialist, your primary responsibilities are to work as a team player with Sanctuary working group representatives, prioritize work, meet deadlines as assigned and provide administrative aspects of volunteer coordination to support the MBNMS. Duties include:
- Train and educate visitor center volunteers and interpretive docents to prepare them for duty at one of the sanctuary visitor centers in accordance with NOAA volunteer protocols and guidelines.
- Market to the local communities to encourage docent sign ups and implement a successful docent training and retention program.
- Coordinate docent enrichment and appreciation events, assist with training of annual volunteer monitoring programs and organize special event days.
Minimum required qualifications include:
- In progress degree from an accredited college or university in biology or field of study relating to the specific task order and one (1) year experience in marine education or interpretive programs.
- Knowledge of physical and biological sciences, sanctuary regulations and educational approaches related to environmental management and policy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and communication skills, and ability to motivate individuals.
- Able to attend to details, effectively prioritize a variety of competing tasks under strict timelines and meet multiple deadlines and approval processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Mac and/or Windows platforms, experience with word processing; web design, document scanning, and digital recording systems.
- Ability to assess problems and recommend actions and flexibility to travel locally.
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.