Lynker Technologies, LLC is searching for a Geospatial Analyst to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Office for Coastal Management (OCM) by performing processing, quality assurance, documentation, and management of remote sensing and geospatial data and services. This position is located in the Honolulu, HI Office.
The successful candidate will work with OCM’s Pacific regional geospatial coordinator, assisting in the development and implementation of regional activities, providing geospatial analysis and direct technical assistance to partners in the region, and support other GIS and remote sensing projects, such as land cover mapping, lidar processing, and digital elevation model production.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the list below:
- Understand partner needs and requirements to inform the development of NOAA OCM products and services
- Support product development as expressed by regional partners and leads, including NOAA Coastal Change Analysis Program (C-CAP) land cover data and trend information; sea-level rise visualization tools; topographic and bathymetric data; MarineCadastre.gov; Digital Coast; and the creation and analysis of geospatial data and maps
- Respond to geospatial technical assistance requests and coordinate and share information with other technical staff members outside the region
- Develop case studies the of the use of NOAA data, tools, or training to address specific coastal management outcomes
- Develop contextual maps, such as ESRI's story maps, that will be hosted on the Digital Coast or partner’s websites
- Participate in relevant work groups. This includes participating in regional geospatial work groups; assisting with coordination of state and federal mapping and application efforts; geospatial tool development, information, and regional data coordination work; and providing technical assistance
- Complete projects in the region with a focus on helping coastal states and communities make informed decisions for the use of their lands and waters
- Identify relationship-building opportunities and develop partnerships in coordination with the Pacific Region team and other National Ocean Service and NOAA regional programs
- Assist with Coastal Geospatial Services Contract (CGSC) task orders as needed to support regional geospatial initiatives
- Assist and/or conduct fieldwork related to land cover accuracy assessment, GPS/GNSS surveys, and maintenance of telemetered field sensors (rain gauges, soil moisture probes, etc.).
Regular travel throughout the region is required as well as to Charleston, South Carolina, and Silver Spring, Maryland. (15% time)
- Post-secondary degree in geography, remote sensing, GIS, or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge in geography, remote sensing, GIS, coastal management
- Technical skills and experience with geospatial analysis tools (e.g.) ERDAS, ESRI ArcGIS, eCognition, Global Mapper or similar
- Self-starter with ability to work in a small team environment without direct day-to-day, on-site supervision
- Ability to understand coastal management issues and use geospatial technologies to help address issues
- Strong communication, organizational, and geospatial skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with management, colleagues, and external partners
- Experience in development and analysis of land cover data, geospatial imagery, and/or elevation data
- Knowledge of coastal and marine programs in the region and within NOAA
- Experience working with state, regional, or national geospatial organizations and professional associations
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills
- Experience working with state and federal agencies, tribes, academia, and nongovernmental organizations
- Experience working with GNSS and total station survey equipment
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.