What We're Building
lvl5 builds HD maps for self-driving cars using computer vision. Our iPhone app, Payver, (http://www.getpayver.com
) has thousands of drivers, sending us terabytes of driving data each day.
We receive video and other telemetry measurements from our fleet, and run advanced computer vision algorithms on the data to map the roads with high precision -- down to just a few centimeters. Unlike traditional maps, HD maps contain all the nitty-gritty details of the road, such as where the car should look for traffic lights, and how to turn through a complex intersection.
We work directly with automakers, and also with Tier 1 manufacturers to provide intelligent driver assist products as well as full localization capabilities for a "Level 5" self-driving vehicle.
- Work with structure from motion to extract depth data from sequential images
- Improve our deep-learning-based image segmentation and object detection pipelines
- Develop map reconstruction algorithms with an emphasis on 3D reconstruction using cameras, GNSS, and IMU
- 5+ years experience with Python or C++
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Experience with ROS or another robotics framework
- Experience with NVIDIA PX platform
- You have designed and trained models for various aspects of autonomous driving such as perception
- You have optimized code for deployment on mobile/embedded devices
- You are an excellent leader and mentor. You have the presence and poise to grow and manage a team.
- Robotics / Autonomy background