ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is the largest healthcare system in their region of southeastern Ohio. They provide a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and comprehensive cancer services. They have established themselves as the primary referral center for the region.
ABOUT THE POSITION - Medical Technologist and Medical Laboratory Technician
This is a permanent direct hire role. Our client offers extensive training and orientation on state-of-the-art equipment in a brand-new laboratory that was built in 2015. The first six months will consist of orientation and training that is scheduled for the straight day shift. This is a high-volume facility performing over 1.8 Million tests a year.
- Perform pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases of testing in accordance with established protocol
- Identify abnormal or unexpected results, initiate follow-up testing, physician notification, and/or corrective action plan.
- Perform Quality Control per laboratory guidelines and troubleshoot out-of-range Quality Control
- Possess experience in instrumentation calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Provide prompt and courteous assistance to other laboratory and medical staff personnel on an as-needed, as time allows basis
Shift Schedules: Multiple Shift Options Available
- 2nd shift with occasional floating to 3rd shift (hospital-based positions); 8-hour shifts
- Every 3rd weekend worked; holiday rotation as well
- Micro is set-up only for 2nd shift
- Graduation from nationally accredited MLS/MT/MLT program
- ASCP – American Society of Clinical Pathology Certification required
- (ASCP is not required for new grads)
- New grads are encouraged to apply if you have completed a clinical in a high-volume lab
- Blood Bank experience a plus
Our client offers a competitive salary plus shift differentials and full benefits
- MLT – Medical Laboratory Technician - $21.16 - $28.45/hr.
- MT – Medical Technologist - $23.48 - $31.58hr.
- 2nd shift differential = $2.75/hr.
- 3rd shift differential = $3.00/hr.
- Weekend differential = $1.05/hr.
- Relocation assistance provided for the right individual
About Luminary Global
Luminary Global (LG), is a Minority, Women-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) healthcare services and supply company providing quality medical professionals, supplies, and equipment to commercial, federal, state, and local governments. We provide Locum Tenen Staffing of Physicians, Advanced Providers, and Allied Health Professionals. Visit our website to view all of LG’s contract and permanent placement opportunities nationwide. www.luminaryint.com