Physician Assistant - Oncology
ABOUT THE CANCER CENTER
The Cancer Center is an advanced, one-stop cancer center designed with patient care and convenience in mind. With 15 cancer treatment rooms, an on-site pharmacist and comprehensive cancer services all in the same location, our goal is to make cancer treatment as comfortable and seamless as possible for the patients we serve.
The position of a Physician Assistant with the Great Plains Physician Network Cancer Center Practice is to assist the physicians with the care of the Physicians' patients and fulfill the need as Physician Extenders performing selective medical services under the supervision of the Physicians. A strong desire to build a collaborative working relationship to provide the highest quality patient care and clinical outcomes will be an essential element for the successful candidate. An ongoing commitment to excellence is desired and expected on an ongoing basis.
- Full Time, salaried position
- PAs will see patients individually with Physician supervision.
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patients.
- Review patient records, interpreting and integrating data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
- Performs a complete physical exam and records findings establishing a presumptive diagnosis.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Orders appropriate medications (including but limited to: chemotherapy, biotherapy, immunotherapy, IV medication, IM/SQ medication, supportive care medication) based on the patients' treatment/therapy plan as prescribed by the Physician.
- Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention; instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient education.
- Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Provides call coverage with Physician.
Graduation from an accredited Physician's Assistant program.
Will consider new grads that are willing to train and commit to the practice for a permanent opportunity.
Salary – Depends on experience
Sign-On Bonus and Relocation available
Full Benefits / CME / PTO
ABOUT THE AFFILIATED HOSPITAL SYSTEM
The facility is a nonprofit, fully accredited, 116-bed regional referral center serving west Nebraska, northern Kansas and northern Colorado. In total, our client provides primary and secondary service areas spanning 34 counties, 136,000 lives and approximately 67,832 square miles, about the size of the state of Pennsylvania. With nearly 100 physicians representing 30 medical specialties, our client offers advanced medical services, including heart and vascular, cancer, orthopedic services, women's services, and a level III trauma center. The system employs approximately 1,100 employees and has more than 200 volunteers. The range of patient populations served includes neonatal, pediatric, adult, obstetric and geriatric.
ABOUT LUMINARY GLOBAL
Luminary Global (LG), is a Minority, Women-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) healthcare services and supply company providing quality medical professionals, supplies, and equipment to commercial, federal, state, and local governments. We provide Locum Tenen and Permanent Staffing of Physicians, Advanced Providers, and Allied Health Professionals. Visit our website to view all of LG’s contract and permanent placement opportunities nationwide. www.luminaryint.com