Lumiata has opened a new office in Guadalajara. To support Lumiata´s rapidly increasing business, this office in Mexico is expected to grow rapidly. We are looking for a talented Full-Stack Software Engineer who has a real passion for solving complex and interesting problems, and is constantly looking to improve and optimize the customer experience.
Healthcare touches millions of lives and you’ll get to contribute to a high performing team that is using AI and ML to make healthcare smarter. Getting up each day to be part of something that could literally save someone’s life is invaluable. If you’re passionate about healthcare and data, we’d love to have you join us!
Our Core Values
are centered around relationships, high performance, integrity and customer satisfaction. As part of our R&D team, you'll work closely with product managers, fellow software developers and designers to build new features and enhance current offerings in Lumiata's software products. Every engineer here gets a chance to contribute cool and innovative new features that ultimately improve patient health.
Some of the things you will do as a Full-Stack Software Engineer at Lumiata include:
- Build new dynamic features and experiences in our AI studio to manage data and leverage automation across the platform to cleanse and prep the data for machine learning.
- Develop and Enhance our Platform as a toolkit for Data Scientists to build and deploy machine learning models using various frameworks.
- Architect end-to-end cloud systems by designing, documenting and reviewing with other engineers.
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization that utilizes modern technology.
- You will have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas.
- Create unit tests to ensure functionality throughout the development cycle.
- Help us to increase our DevOps experience, CI/CD, QA, Monitoring, Ops, etc.
- Help grow the company by implementing trackable metrics for data-driven decision making
- Build customer-facing APIs
- Stay on top of software trends and continuously self-educate.
- Collaborate with other engineers and mentor junior engineers as appropriate
- International travel opportunities to collaborate with our teams located in our HeadQuarters in San Mateo, California.
- You possess a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience and training
- 3+ years experience building REST APIs using Python
- 3+ years using cloud databases
- 2+ years experience deploying apps and services on either AWS, Azure or GCP
- 1+ years experience with security, including encryption, key management, preventing cross-site scripting attacks
- You are self-motivated, like to take ownership of your work
- You like to learn about the latest relevant technologies and advocate for them in our architecture
- You value other people’s ideas, contributions, and like to mentor other people
- You thrive in a culture of agile, test-driven development, continuous builds, and frequent deployments
- You value code quality, best secure software development practices, lead code reviews
- You like collaborating closely with other people in architecting, implementing and testing the system
- You have a passion for building secure, customer-friendly software
- You have experience working on high-performance and scalable systems
- You have offered material contributions to open source projects
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes
- Some knowledge of, and interest in, ML and AI
Based in San Mateo, CA, Lumiata is an Artificial Intelligence company purpose-built for the healthcare industry and backed by Khosla Ventures and BlueCross BlueShield Venture. Powered by over 100 million patient data records, clinical, risk, and financial algorithms, Lumiata employs some of the nation’s leading data science and machine learning talent. Lumiata enriches payers’ and providers’ analytic and predictive capabilities with a platform and pre-built models that help to manage healthcare costs and risk. For more information, visit lumiata.com or follow @lumiata on Twitter.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Lumiata is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.