Lumiata has opened a new office in Guadalajara. To support Lumiata´s rapidly increasing business, this office in Mexico is expected to grow rapidly. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who has built ETL systems at scale using the Apache open source stack and cloud services. This person should have experience architecting pipelines for scale and performance, employ security mechanisms to protect sensitive data, and significant knowledge of relevant PaaS services on AWS or GCP.
Healthcare touches millions of lives and you’ll get to contribute to a high performing team that is using AI and ML to make healthcare smarter. Getting up each day to be part of something that could literally save someone’s life is invaluable. If you’re passionate about healthcare and data, we’d love to have you join us!
Our Core Values
are centered around relationships, high performance, integrity and customer satisfaction. As part of our R&D team, you'll work closely with product managers, fellow software developers and designers to build new features and enhance current offerings in Lumiata's software products. Every engineer here gets a chance to contribute cool and innovative new features that ultimately improve patient health.
Some of the things you will do as a Data Engineer at Lumiata include:
- Provide technical leadership in Lumiata’s data engineering team, driving technology decisions, mentoring others, and contributing significantly on an individual level
- Build robust data processing pipelines using Apache Beam and Cloud Dataflow and integrate with multiple components and data sources and sinks
- Build a highly scalable and secure data lake
- Design and architect new product features, champion the use of cutting edge technologies and tools and mentor the team in the adoption of these new technologies.
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to ensure that data processing, structure and accessibility maximizes model performance.
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization that utilizes modern technology.
- Work on a bi-weekly sprint schedule in a fast-paced startup environment. Participate in and contribute to scrum meetings i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Deliver value in the form of timely, high quality, performant software components and services
- Collaborate with product owners and stakeholders to plan and define requirements
- International travel opportunities to collaborate with our teams located in our HeadQuarters in San Mateo, California.
- You possess a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience and training
- 3+ years experience implementing data processing, metadata management, ETL pipeline software using technologies like Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Dataflow, Beam
- 5+ years with cloud databases like DynamoDB, RedShift, BigTable, BigQuery, and search engines like Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with Spark programming paradigms (batch and stream-processing)
- 5+ years building scalable, secure RESTful API services
- 3+ years experience with security, including encryption, key management
- Strong server-side programming skills in at either Java or Python
- Strong analytical skills and advanced SQL knowledge, indexing, query optimization techniques
- You are self-motivated, like to take ownership of your work
- You like to learn about the latest relevant technologies and advocate for them in our architecture
- You value other people’s ideas, contributions, and like to mentor other people
- You thrive in a culture of agile, test-driven development, continuous builds, and frequent deployments
- You value code quality, best secure software development practices, lead code reviews
- You like collaborating closely with other people in architecting, implementing and testing the system
- You have the ability to translate data needs into detailed functional and technical designs for development, testing and implementation
- You have the ability to identify and communicate risks and issues affecting business rules, functional requirements and specifications
- You enjoy acting as a liaison between technical, quality assurance and non-technical stakeholders throughout the development and deployment process
Based in San Mateo, CA, Lumiata is an Artificial Intelligence company purpose-built for the healthcare industry and backed by Khosla Ventures and BlueCross BlueShield Venture. Powered by over 100 million patient data records, clinical, risk, and financial algorithms, Lumiata employs some of the nation’s leading data science and machine learning talent. Lumiata enriches payers’ and providers’ analytic and predictive capabilities with a platform and pre-built models that help to manage healthcare costs and risk. For more information, visit lumiata.com or follow @lumiata on Twitter.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Lumiata is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.