At Lumiata, we’re building a Healthcare Platform. We strongly believe that a Machine Learning model only comes to life once it is fully deployed and running in production, integrated with workflows and other systems. We’re helping Healthcare organizations bring their models to life! Going from on-paper predictions, to building intelligent systems that use ML models to automate tasks based on predictions and classifications.
Lumiata is seeking a seasoned Software Engineer that will focus on building infrastructure and Machine Learning Operations tools to be used by internal and external customers. At Lumiata, we believe in the importance of having a strong DevOps culture, where software engineers are generalists that build, and also operate software products in a scalable and reliable fashion. To do that successfully, it is important to fully industrialize our infrastructure end to end, for internal and external usage.
We’re looking for strong software engineers that will have passion for building operations and cloud infrastructure tools, for the ultimate goal of providing automation around the entire ML lifecycle, pre and post production. The tools are not only intended to be used internally, but also rolled into our customer offering, so that Lumiata customers can also reap the benefits of having end to end automation around the ML lifecycle from the MLOps perspective.
Our customer facing vision around MLOps consists of:
- Providing full automation end to end around data ingestion, ETL, model training, retraining and ML model deployment at scale
- Providing full real-time visibility into how models are behaving in production
- Continuous validation and self healing capabilities
- Alerts for events such as model drift that will call for intervention
- Design and build pipelines and systems that will realize our MLOps vision
- Owning parts of the architecture around our PaaS offering
- Work very closely with our data science team to understand the most important requirements around MLOps
- Work with the rest of the product development team to deliver and operate production systems
- Participate in customer engagements to understand first hand the most important MLOps needs from our customers
- Make sure to constantly stay up to date with the latest industry developments around MLOps, and bring that knowledge back to the team
- 3 - 5 years building systems around cloud infrastructure and DevOps tools
- Proficiency in distributed systems principles
- Experience in building and using data systems at scale
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience operating productions systems at scale
- Experience with the K8s and Docker ecosystems
- Experience with AWS or GCP, Lumiata currently runs on GCP
- Solid networking knowledge, TCP/IP
- Hands on ML experience a huge plus but not required
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Lumiata is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.