Lumiata is looking for a seasoned UI/UX designer with experience in building enterprise software products. At Lumiata we share a passion for making AI intuitive and simple. We’re looking for someone that can help us materialize that passion.
Lumiata is a Silicon Valley startup with the mission to democratize AI in healthcare. We meet our customers where they’re at in their AI journey and provide them with the tooling they need at that point. We believe that AI without a UI is cumbersome and difficult to understand. A big part of the democratization process we believe in is to help healthcare professionals to understand AI.
At Lumiata, prior healthcare experience isn't required, but a passion for learning and helping people is.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop customer-centric designs that reflect our product vision and strategy, rendered in the form of interactive, web-based, data-rich, graphical user interfaces, that data scientists and business users will access to interact with our platform
- Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and analyzing feedback
- Work closely with our product, engineering, and data science teams to develop use cases and requirements that inform the development of customer experiences
- Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements
- Optimize existing user interface designs for our entire product suite (AI platform and applications)
- Tackle complex user interaction problems and build simple, logical, and effective solutions
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Work closely with the product development team on product discovery activities, part of the process is around prototyping and testing new product ideas for the purpose of getting real-world, customer validation
- Conduct ongoing user research and continue to evolve our persona framework
- Applying design principles such as color, typography, graphic UI
- Evaluate usability and visual consistency of existing flows and recommend design changes
- Create storyboards and plan activity scenarios, flow, and sequences
- Drive the product design practice across all products, and overy time, grow a team and lead/mentor other designers
Requirements and Qualification:
- 5 - 7 years of experience as a UI/UX visual/interaction designer
- Solid experience using design & prototyping tools including but not limited to InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, etc
- Experience in performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data
- Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative, fast-paced and an agile environment
- Demonstrated capacity for creating highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Critical thinker
- Human-centered design experience
- Some knowledge of Usability Factors in Human-Computer Interaction
- 4 - 5 years designing and building a SaaS product
- Experienced with building enterprise platform products
- Experience building and growing teams
Based in San Mateo, California, U.S.A., Lumiata is an Artificial Intelligence company purpose-built for the healthcare industry and backed by Khosla Ventures and BlueCross BlueShield Venture. Powered by over 100 million patient data records, clinical, risk, and financial algorithms, Lumiata employs some of the nation’s leading data science and machine learning talent. Lumiata enriches payers’ and providers’ analytic and predictive capabilities with a platform and pre-built models that help to manage healthcare costs and risk. For more information, visit lumiata.com or follow @lumiata on Twitter.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Lumiata is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.