We are on a mission, to make the world a safer place to live. As a group of risk management companies, we deliver a range of trusted risk management services, from testing and analysis through to consultancy and remediation.
We don’t micromanage here. So if that’s your thing, this role isn’t for you. Autonomy is a fundamental part of being part of our Lucion team. Trusting our team members to challenge themselves and support them in achieving their goals is what we are here to do as a management team. We take great pride in building trusting relationships with our team members. Our team members are with us for a long time and look to us to provide security and sustainability in their careers.
So if you are looking for trust from your management team and want to be part of our mission to make the world a safer place, then we want to hear from you! Read below for more details about the role and click ‘Apply’ to start your journey.
Lucion Consulting provide multidisciplinary services across a wide range of environmental and occupational health and safety areas. Our services include consultancy on risk management, mitigation strategies and legislative compliance to provide our clients with dedicated support and guidance on specialist issues such as hazardous material management, health and safety governance and compliance with the UK and EU regulatory framework.
Join an award winning consultancy that works with high-profile, London-based clients on large property portfolios and development schemes. This opportunity will offer a Senior Health & Safety specialist the chance to move into a position where they can deliver major CDM projects and develop new business with the aim to grow the team in the South East.
As a part of the growing Safety team, you will not only be planning and managing all phases of the construction process, you will also participate in design meetings to identify foreseeable risks. Advising both clients of their CDM 2015 regulatory duties and project teams on health and safety is a key aspect of this role.
The successful candidate will hold a NEBOSH Construction Certificate and will ideally be CMIOSH or GradIOSH. Membership in the APS is essential as is having a strong grounding in construction health and safety. Any wider experience in fire safety or asbestos experience would be advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who thrives working autonomously while also communicating clearly as a part of a team to external clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the South East team operating across London and the Home Counties. You need to be a health and safety professional with fantastic all-round knowledge, but with a particular specialism in CDM. You main focus will be providing services directly to clients, developers, contractors and designers and on a number of projects varying in scale and complexity.
More about You!
You will have extensive knowledge of the CDM Regulations and other Health, Safety and Environmental legislation. You will be a strong communicator, capable of commanding the respect of Contractors, Designers, Clients and associated trades. You will also be familiar with procurement processes sufficient to be able to clearly understand the construction sequence / methodology for building and civil engineering projects and enable the promotion of Health and Safety intervention strategies. In addition, you will have the ability to read and interpret technical drawings and be able to work with limited support.
You should have extensive experience working as a Health and Safety Consultant and have worked on numerable projects of across a range of sectors.
You will be providing H+S consultancy to a number of Clients across the Capital, ensuring compliance with current legislation and supporting their in-house health and safety teams. The main focus of your role will be working as a Client Adviser and Principal Designer Adviser, attending Design Team Meetings, Preparing Hazard Identification and Risk Registers, preparing Pre-Construction Information, approving Construction Phase Plans and an involvement in preparing the Health And Safety Files, Completing robust, clearly defined Health and Safety inspections and audits with associated reports and recommendations.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Strong previous experience, knowledge and background in H+S consultancy and a CDM specialism
- Demonstrable experience of delivering and managing consultancy services for multiple projects and Clients across a variety of industries and sectors
- Commitment to providing a high-quality client service and to apply best practice.
- Good communication, people management, client facing and IT skills.
- Commercial Development - A desire to make a positive and significant contribution to the growth of the business, identifying new clients and increasing market share in the region.
- Must be Client focused and Client driven
- NEBOSH Diploma or working towards
- National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety - essential
- Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards.
- Membership of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS/CMaPS)
- Asbestos sector knowledge and qualifications would be desirable
- Level 3 qualification in Fire (NEBOSH Fire Certificate or similar)
- Ability to deliver training
Benefits of Working with Lucion
At Lucion, we build our trusting relationships upon 3 pillars: engagement, motivation and value, which are upheld by our generous employee benefits package. If you join Lucion you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Company car
- Company matched pension scheme
- Half yearly team performance bonus
- Retention bonus
- Health cashback scheme
- Life Assurance scheme
- Industry leading training opportunities and encouragement to learn on the job and gain further qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events
REGARDLESS OF AGE, WE PAY NATIONAL LIVING WAGE!
Lucion is an equal opportunities employer.
Please see a link to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.