The Looking Glass is the world’s first desktop holographic display for 3D creators—no VR or AR headset required. It was launched the summer of 2018 to make the dream of the hologram real—and there are now thousands of Looking Glasses shining with the light of holographic glory on the desks of 3D creators around the world.
Through the Looking Glass, our aim is to change the future to one in which groups of people are gathered around pieces of 3D digital space instead of living in a world in which everyone is forced into a VR or AR headset for 16 hours a day. Our customers include 3D artists, animators, architects, designers, game developers, medical professionals, and straight-up 3D nerds.
This is a full-time manufacturing leadership role based in Hong Kong or mainland China.
Why we need you:
We're on the lookout for a seasoned VP of Manufacturing to play an important role in helping manage all of our physical production facilities in mainland China and Hong Kong. In this position, you’ll help improve our production processes and supply chain for our current and upcoming holographic display and interface products, all while managing day-to-day production operations with our small manufacturing team. Reporting to the CEO, you’ll drive some of our company’s key manufacturing metrics, including those related to safety, quality, fulfillment time, cost, and inventory control.
You’ll be focused on:
- Coordinating the manufacturing work in our main contract manufacturers and sub-contractors in Hong Kong and mainland China
- Leading negotiations with existing and prospective suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Conducting factory audits and evaluations and make sure all OEM sub-contractors and vendors meet international standards and customers' requirements
- Building out the manufacturing team as needed as the company and product lines grow
You need these qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain management, or a related field
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience in supply chain project management or operations in Hong Kong, mainland China, Japan, and/or Taiwan
- You are able to speak Cantonese, English, and Mandarin
- This position requires frequent travel to mainland China for pilot production runs and in-line inspections in factories
- Proficiency in 3D design tools like Solidworks a plus
- You're excited to work in a fast growing startup of around 30 people based in Hong Kong and Brooklyn
- You love invention
Please apply within with your resume and a link to a product that you were involved in producing and bringing to the world. Successful candidates will be contacted by email for a short phone screening followed by an in-person meeting. We can’t wait to meet you!