Looking Glass Factory is a team of a couple dozen engineer's, inventors, 3D artists, and developers based between two labs in Brooklyn and Hong Kong. We make the Looking Glass, the world’s first desktop holographic display for 3D creators. More about the Looking Glass here and more about our team here!
This is a full-time role based in Hong Kong with frequent travel to Mainland China.
Here’s what You’ll be doing:
- Draft and implement the full production plan as well as create the relevant documentation for the full production process.
- Draft and implement a Quality Assurance plan for production.
- Source and coordinate multiple vendors, factories and the production team and to ensure the completion of a finished product in a timely manner.
- Frequent travel to mainland China for pilot production run and in-line inspections in factories.Take quick action for improvement, propose solution of problem and report to supervisor.
Here's who You are:
- You have a Diploma in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (or any related degree). On-site job training on both software and hardware will be provided.
- You must have proficiency in using Solidworks. Proficiency in other 3D CAD software such as Blender, Maya, Sketchup etc. a plus.
- You possess strong skills and responsibility in order to complete critical tasks well within the timeline.
- You are able to speak Cantonese, English, and Mandarin.
- You are a team player, have the ability to prioritize your weekly tasks strongly based on cross-functional project deadlines.
- You have 2+ years relevant experience. Candidates with experience working in production/manufacturing preferred.
- You must be willing to travel to mainland China 2-3 days a week (daily stipend will be provided).